So what happened?

As I did not start this thread then its hardly my fault for someone putting it in the general forum, is it. :eek: But be warned TROLLS have zero tolerance on this site. This site is here for everyone, except TROLLS no quarter will be given.

Bobt you should find everything Ok now. If not let me know I have Pm'ed you again via your other link.

sites blocking you of for no reason

First of all i do not wish to get involved in any sight pollatick s but yesterday i was looking for information on 17 HMR rifles when i came across a sight called 17 HMR . net . I tried to log on to see if the information there was going to be any help to me and under the forum page was a message saying i had been thrown of the sight for causing trouble . I had never heard of the sight before let alone tried to get on it but found myself banned and dont know what to do or who to contact to find out why as all avenues were blocked for me on the sight mentioned above MUDDY

Muddy,

Why not just register on the site using a different name and then ask the question to the mods there?

Regards,

Pete

I googled the site and clicked on the link and says I am banned as well, cant see a thing on the forum.

Never been on that forum or even knew it existed. I do own a HMR though.

Very odd......

Hi Muddy and Sanders,
it must be a nice quiet site, :lol:
This is definately the way forward for me and my new site.
I'm banning everyone in case they might have Trollish parents, or support the great Trollite cause. No body will argue or critisise me. My word will be Gospel to all who read it.
What a great place to be, I'd invite all of you to join, but..........................
Can't type another word until I get this tongue surgicaly removed from my cheek. ;)
Mark

If you go through the registration process, you get an automated response from jiles111@gmail.com

Whether its worth sending an email to this address i don't know...At the end of the day there is not much any forum can do to prevent this sort of thing..

Even when forums such as this one try to do something, the admin and mods get stick for it, which is exactly what the trolls want...

Well what can I tell you guys. This is THE SITE. Look it is never going to be easy keeping the arseholes out of any site, and yes we (the Admin team ) are going to make mistakes. But even with BOBT I was the first to admit and apologise that we were wrong, although all we are trying to do is keep the idiots out and now and again there will be casualties, innocent ones sometime, but we put it right.

Do not jump on our party line straight away, I do not eat and sleep this site, and never will. I do have another life and enjoy it 99% of the time. So think before you critisice again about anyones actions. We are just trying to keep the site clean and free of idiots ( god knows there are a few out there) this is a great site which all three of the admin team believe in.

And finally we are all very grateful of your support, and very much enjoy your posts.

Now I am back to Sussex on Friday night, the Roe are going nuts at the moment so I am making hay while I can :D

Good luck everyone.

Admin....damned if you do, damned if you dont......dont I know it!

Keep up the good work and the good forum!

Jerry

I also tried the 17HMR site and and as soon as my browser got there I got a screen saying I was banned. Don't know why as I didn't try to register or log in - I guess it does it to everyone?

Out out of curiosity, I registered there little earlier today and did so with no drama's. The only thing I can conclude is that they are fussy about their potential members! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Bobt I hope you are re instated with an apology as we did for you. However you cant blame people for being cautious, although it is frustrating for the members involved I know.

Malc

I replied to Bobt by e mail last night and resolved his issue about not being able to log onto UKV almost immediately.Bob logged on this morning with no problems minutes after posting on here

If I may add UKV are going through a pruning exercise and have already removed nearly 200 inactive accounts.If folks haven`t posted in the last three months or got the required number of posts we`re temporarily suspending their accounts for a few weeks and if the members haven`t contacted us in that time telling us they want to remain then the accounts are deleted

I will say however that while trying to resolve Bobs issue we did notice that there are (were) five variations on our system of Bobt,bob-tail all with suptle differences in the name but with totally different log in information.We also have a bobtail whos perfectly genuine.It seems some one is back in the impersonation game again

Regards

Wsm

Back