View Poll Results: Has the Anoraks invaded???

48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it can be mind numbing

13 27.08%
  • NO it is intelligent conversaion

35 72.92%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has SD been invaded by Anoraks

Has SD been invaded by Anoraks

Given the number of new threads on reloading and such like have we been invaded by anoracks????

Id be more worried about the women as there seems to have been alot more bitching and back biting. A bit like life of brian 'are there any women at this stoning?'.

Tin hat on, taking cover.........

There does seem to be an increasing number of very 'techical' looking posts to be skipped over
    Last edited by Stringer; 31-03-2011 at 09:38.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

I have no interest in reloading. I'm a hunter, I'm not even that interested in target shooting and so I tend to cringe when listening to 'ballistics bores'. But each to their own. If it's what floats their boat then I'm happy to see them add their info to this forum.

Nothing wrong with technical conversation,,,IMHO. Reloading and ballistics is an intriguing topic, it's not only for the geek or target shooter, but for anyone who is interested in understanding why when the trigger is pulled, a deer falls over put it pretty roughly.

I took up studying ballistics and reloading, not for target shooting, but becuase I could not find the factory ammunition that I was pleased with. I could obtain suitable ammo, and many would argue it would be 'fine' for many years hunting, but I wanted greater accuracy, a roe/fox round that worked in my barrels twist, and which was economical to use (ie. not happy with paying 30 or more for quality factory ammo).

I bet many here who think reloading or technical chat is for geeks, sit at home and study a video recording of their golf swing, or are working on a size 26 dry fly under the microscope

Account Suspended
    Bonnie Scotland
    What is the message here then?

Intelligent, technical conversation about an aspect of shooting which many involve themselves in is unwelcome to those who are not involved?

I'd say, if it bores you, don't read it.

I know there's plenty stuff I don't read.

Spot on Tamus, unless you converse you don’t learn.

I guess for some ignorance is bliss.

There is a dedicated sub forum for posting about reloading which you could always avoid, on the other hand as mentioned by PKL reloading saves a lot of money especially for me because I like ballistic tips that cost upto 40 a box(20) I can buy 100 ballistic tips for less than that!

I think the main problem is people don't search the forum or the rest of the web before posting a question. There are hundreds of articles online about reloading and the various things you can do.
    CZ Mod 2e .22 ~ AI AE 6.5x47 ~ Sako M591 .308

If you don't like it, don't read it. Personally I am all for intelligent debate, in the probably vain hope that it might drag my IQ upwards with the general trend

Judging by the title of the thread it's not just me that needs help

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I dont reload but I do find some of the so called Anorack topics interesting..Again as Tamus said 'if it bores you, don't read it'