Cutco Stalkers Knife on Special Offer!

Philwilk

icon14.png
Cutco Stalkers Knife on Special Offer!

Hiya,

If anyone is looking to buy a Cutco drop point knife as used by Chris Howard on the BDS Gralloching DVD then The Cutting Edge is selling them for £50 instead of £60 at the moment

http://www.cutco.co.uk/html/special_offers.php

Phi

good to know but.........is it just me or does that seem expensive for a plastic handled larder knife?

Bloody eapensive get a victranox or a cliper and they are far beter. IFACT FOR THAT PRICE GET 12

No No No :eek: You have no idea how much they are worth :rolleyes: If Chris Howard used one in his gutting video then it must be worth a fortune.
Just think how much better you will be able to carry out the Gralloch if you use the same knife as him :D
Mind you ;) Clippers are good too :lol:

I bought one a while back but to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. The blade is a bit too bulky for my liking. It now lives in my RTA box and my trusty old carbon bladed Mora clipper is the one I still carry!
MS:)

I bought one a while back but to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. The blade is a bit too bulky for my liking.

That was my thinking when I saw it too, a bit too broad for doing the intricate bits. In the BDS video he says it has a plastic insert in the scabbard too... however there is no mention of it in the link above so I guess this doesn't come as standard.

Points taken gentlemen.

My dad was a butcher and meat inspector and since he gave me my first pen knife at the age of seven (fifty five years ago) I have found it difficult to resist things which are sharp and shiny!! (Including a few women who could be described as such!!)

Consequently I have several different makes of knives, Boker, EKA, Kershaw, Helle, Karesuando, Mora, Frost, Gerber, Puma, Buck, Victorinox and one or two others including a damascus bladed knife that I bought at the Newark show a couple of weeks ago from two Pakistani guys for a mere £35!

It just crossed my mind that if anyone else feels the 'urge' to buy yet ANOTHER knife, then they might as well save a few quid.

Phil

That was my thinking when I saw it too, a bit too broad for doing the intricate bits. In the BDS video he says it has a plastic insert in the scabbard too... however there is no mention of it in the link above so I guess this doesn't come as standard.

It does, I succumbed to temptation and bought two drop point blades, one with conventional edge, one with a serrated edge both came with the removeable and dishwasher proof inserts in the scabbard.
Great knives, good scabbards and big bright glowing hot orange non-slip handles, which is great cos I'd hate to lose one and buck knives etc just seem to hide in the grass ever so easy.
However, I tend to carry a frost, bushwear or game fair special on my belt in the field and keep the Cutcos for the larder work.

I'm a bit like Philwilk I think, I buy knives even when I don't really need one and have amassed quite a collection so far, but then again, you can never have too many knives (except in public and when talking to a cop of course) and you never know when you'll lose one and will need a spare............

It does, I succumbed to temptation and bought two drop point blades, one with conventional edge, one with a serrated edge both came with the removeable and dishwasher proof inserts in the scabbard.

That's definitely worth knowing, thanks. A significant selling point for stalkers, you'd think they'd mention it!

I didn't even care!
I mean why would I/anyone? I just put that one in there tongue in cheek like.
They're ok knives, hold a good edge, but no better or worse than half a hundred other brands.
Like I said, I use a bushwear knife that someone gave to me in the field cos I don't have to cry if I lose it.
the handle is feckin day-glo orange and is seriously non-slip, but then again, so are loads of others.
As for buying it cos Chris Howard uses it, well, if it's good enough for crusty...........

....big bright glowing hot orange non-slip handles, which is great cos I'd hate to lose one and buck knives etc just seem to hide in the grass ever so easy..

I put a 12 inch lanyard on my Buck Alpha, it is bright Orange and made of paracord; you cannot miss it....if that should help anyone?
:-|

Well my Cutco knife arrived today. It is extremely sharp, very comfortable to hold, very visible, the sheath is leather and is well made, it has a liner and looks better than it does in the advertising photo.

All I need now is an accommodating deer to try it out on!

Phil

I have used a Cutco for years now and can not fault it, mind you it was only £37.00 when I bought it.
What has not been mentioned is that they carry a lifetime guarantee, and if it blunts you send it back for replacement for the cost of postage. I have "lost" it a couple of times but the bright orange handle made it easy to find at the gralloch, it has gralloched a lot of deer over the last couple of years and it holds an edge really well.

One knife I saw an alleged stalker use was a joke, this particular trog had a folding (very hygienic ;)) knife with half an inch broken off the tip and an edge that you could ride to London on without fear of a cut, the best laugh was watching him try to impress me with his sharpening skills using a steel :rofl:

Last edited:
I have used a Cutco for years now and can not fault it, mind you it was only £37.00 when I bought it.
What has not been mentioned is that they carry a lifetime guarantee, and if it blunts you send it back for replacement for the cost of postage. I have "lost" it a couple of times but the bright orange handle made it easy to find at the gralloch, it has gralloched a lot of deer over the last couple of years and it holds an edge really well.

One knife I saw an alleged stalker use was a joke, this particular trog had a folding (very hygienic ;)) knife with half an inch broken off the tip and an edge that you could ride to London on without fear of a cut, the best laugh was watching him try to impress me with his sharpening skills using a steel :rofl:
If you put your knife down on a clean surface at the gralloch (i.e.a bag or liner of the roe sack), (and not in the grass) how have you lost it.??
And a folder propely cleaned is just as clean as any knife IMO though my No. 1 knife is a fixed blade.
Only pulling your leg.

If you put your knife down on a clean surface at the gralloch (i.e.a bag or liner of the roe sack), (and not in the grass) how have you lost it.??
And a folder propely cleaned is just as clean as any knife IMO though my No. 1 knife is a fixed blade.
Only pulling your leg.

I left it on the "clean surface" at the gralloch of course ;)

Yes at least a metre, and at least 10 mtrs from any water course, it was easy to find the knife when I went back because it showed up really well on the stainless steel table I always carry :p

I my self use a a fixed blade but did use a folding buck that had seen many many deer in fact it helped a Parisitical Commision contractor get his cull number up. Never heard any one complain when the deer were sold for cheap in too the FC larder.:lol: If your knife is sharp and clean who give a monkeys. Pity this contractor broke his promises that was a good wee earner.;)

Last edited:
I have had one of these knives for a couple of years now, I find it a good knife, it is extremely sharp and keeps a good edge (although i did manage to chip the blade edge on one, A phone call to the supplier and a brand new one was sent straight out to me no questions asked so good customer service too)

I bought a Cutco drop point a couple of years ago, probably after Monkeyspanker lent me the Chris Howard BDS DVD - it has the best handle of any knife I have owned, i.e. brilliantly ergonomic, doesn't slip no matter how much blood it has on it. On the downside, I have found the blade too broad for small deer jobs, like 'anal tunnelling' (as my buddy Amir refers to it) a Roe or Muntjac. I mostly use a small Buck Lite fixed blade now.

Back