first buck of the year

mereside

yippee, met john this morning and headed off after the bucks i know lots have been showing and have seen plenty myself so was feeling confident but we still made jokes that they had set there clocks and all would have dissapeared well after yesterdays high winds we werent far off we got to one piece of ground and the wind ment us having a good stalk around the boundry before getting to a position so we didnt stink the place out .straight away i spotted a doe out on the edge but a long way off and getting to it ment stinking the whole place out so opted to carry on as planned by this time the wind started swirling around and when we got near to our spot a buck caught our scent and slipped back into the wood so we got sat in cover to wait in hopes of other bucks to come out to feed.well after a long wait we decided to head off after only one hare showing his face. we got to the next ground and nothing really showing started our stalk we found a good number of couches but again no deer ,we carried on and still nothing we settled at a spot and waited for a while and breeze picked up a scent we stalked closer to find a young buck couched up in a hollow startled it jumped up only to run round down into a valley to glance back already on the sticks at this point safety off and down he went a nice 4 pointer still in velvet ,thanks john it was great, difficult wheather and nothing much showing but thats what stalkings about , im sure john will add pictures. atb wayne:D

Well done took a chap out my self this morning and we seen a coue of deer but they were tight to the trees and the weather was real crap so no venison in the freezer. Looks like you were the first MS

email me mate I'll forward your photos.
01042011314.jpg

7.40 i april 2011

april 2011 049.JPG sorry about pics,not any good on this pc.shot buck at 7.40 it took 3 steps and fell in the dyke.

Last edited:
Well done Wayne, nice way to start the season.

I was not going to bother but now reading that has made up my mind, just made a phone call and now I'm off for a little look see this evening.

They are all cull bucks on this farm they have to go. There are a few bigger bucks there noT in velvet and there time will come to

Well done Wayne and John,i gave up this morning good old cornish mizzle and wind cold all i saw was a does arse,been waiting all day for the sun to come out as promised but it aint but going to try again this evening.
ATB Neil.

Well done Wayne and John,i gave up this morning good old cornish mizzle and wind cold all i saw was a does arse,been waiting all day for the sun to come out as promised but it aint but going to try again this evening.
ATB Neil.

We had to work very hard on ground were I know there are many many deer, they just weren't showing after the gales.
Back there tonight they have to show sometime, fingers crossed.

I would put money on them being in the feild below Mikes, they seem to like that after a blow.
nice buck Wayne.

The photo john sent me this morning had you with a much bigger grin Wayne haha, did John show you the picture if the monster I shot this morning?

tom

Back