Hallo ,I am new to this forum ,but have read a lot as a non member.
A little more about my self to other members, I am a cattle farmer in the North West province of South-Africa , we do have alot of game on our farms , and it is not game fenced, so everithing is free roaming.We do hunt alott and by we I mean myself and my two sons aged 13 and 14.I see that you ask about calibers and rifles used so follows
1.22 lr pre war Mauser
2. 222 Remington Sako
3. 25-06 remington custom
4. 6.5x55 se custum
5. 270 win ai custum
6. 300 h&h custom
7. 375 h&h custom
8.375h&h winchester pre 64
9. 416 rigby custom
10.12 g ruger sporting clays
11. 12 g berrta b426 s/s
12. 357mag ruger
13. 40 s&w glock

We run extensive cattle breeding setup and try to market as certified grass fed beef , as i believe that is the best meat in that you can buy.

Cheers
thank you
Willem

Howzit Willem,

Welcome to the site from a fellow South African.

Originally from Durban but have been living in the UK for over 9 years now. I used to (and still do when back in SA on holiday) hunt all over SA and miss the wide open spaces and the beers round the fire while the potjie cooks away.

You'll find the chaps on the site very friendly and helpful.

Jonathan

Thanks to all hope i can be helpfull to some of you guys
Jonathan ,yes it still is the best place to hunt in and as you know the amount of species and the scenary is tops

Cheers
Willem

Hallo ,I am new to this forum ,but have read a lot as a non member.
A little more about my self to other members, I am a cattle farmer in the North West province of South-Africa , we do have alot of game on our farms , and it is not game fenced, so everithing is free roaming.We do hunt alott and by we I mean myself and my two sons aged 13 and 14.I see that you ask about calibers and rifles used so follows
1.22 lr pre war Mauser
2. 222 Remington Sako
3. 25-06 remington custom
4. 6.5x55 se custum
5. 270 win ai custum
6. 300 h&h custom
7. 375 h&h custom
8.375h&h winchester pre 64
9. 416 rigby custom
10.12 g ruger sporting clays
11. 12 g berrta b426 s/s
12. 357mag ruger
13. 40 s&w glock

We run extensive cattle breeding setup and try to market as certified grass fed beef , as i believe that is the best meat in that you can buy.

Cheers
thank you
Willem

hi Willem,

I don't think I will be trying to take over your farm any day soon...particularly with the arsenal you have!:scared:

Oh.. and I take it you and your sons know how to use them as well!!:D

On a more serious note...welcome to SD.

I have hunted RSA (Limpopo province) and Namibia and I believe every hunter should, at least once ,experience hunting in your wonderful country.

What plains game species do you have free roaming on your property?

and which countries do you sell your beef too?

cheers
50/50

Hallo 50/50,thank you for the welcome,I hope that you had pleasant hunts in RSA and Namibia,I have hunted quite a few times in Namibia and it was allways nice.
We have kudu,blesbuck,mountain reedbuck,springbuck,warthog,duiker and steenbuck,the warthog can be areal pest in maize lands and are shot as vermin .If you look in Rowland ward you will see a 24" warthog with owner Chris Kruger ,he is my brother in law and that is the world record warthog ,it came from our farm.

All beef exports from South africa has been cancelled after a foot and mouth outbreak on the Mozambique border,the vet dept. did not maitain the border fence and now the farmers have to foot the bill.The biggest feedlot in SA is under quarintine after it came to light that some of the animals came from northern natal were the outbrake was.

I dont know how long this wil last but probably for a few months.Bad for farming and hunting.
Cheers
Willem

Hallo 50/50,thank you for the welcome,I hope that you had pleasant hunts in RSA and Namibia,I have hunted quite a few times in Namibia and it was allways nice.
We have kudu,blesbuck,mountain reedbuck,springbuck,warthog,duiker and steenbuck,the warthog can be areal pest in maize lands and are shot as vermin .If you look in Rowland ward you will see a 24" warthog with owner Chris Kruger ,he is my brother in law and that is the world record warthog ,it came from our farm.

All beef exports from South africa has been cancelled after a foot and mouth outbreak on the Mozambique border,the vet dept. did not maitain the border fence and now the farmers have to foot the bill.The biggest feedlot in SA is under quarintine after it came to light that some of the animals came from northern natal were the outbrake was.

I dont know how long this wil last but probably for a few months.Bad for farming and hunting.
Cheers
Willem

Hey Willem,

that is bad luck with the foot & mouth. We had it here in the UK too and it was a big disaster for farmers. Hopefully they will contain it soon.

Do you take paying hunters out on your ranch? If you pay a small annual fee to SD admin you can become a trade member and advertise your services.

There may be quite a few hunters on SD in the UK who would be interested to hunt with you if your prices are competitive.

Post us some pics

cheers
Paul
50/50

Back