Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .204 ruger

.204 ruger

i know it has little to do with deer stalking but has any one got a 204? im thinking of spending a serious amount of money on a bespoke varminter and would fancy it in .204. ive read some negative comments recently so would be keen for you sages to pass on some of your solon like wisdom.

hello 300, saw an article about the .20 satan in the shooting sports and it sounded just the job. main trouble is im too lazy to reload! i dont know alot about the tac, do you know where i can get some info?

Hi Big Dan

A mate of mine has just got a howa in .204 and to say he's happy with it would be a understatement . he's had 17hmr ,223, and a 243 all for mr fox
    and he swears this howa is the best rifle he has ever had and he loves .204
    as well

I have herd that they can be a bit of a barrel burner , but i remember getting told that about 22.250, and i dont see many complaints from those guys

so who knows

20 Tac is the one to go for out of the .20 calibres but you need to relaod for it. It all depends on what your using it for. I nearly spent a small fortune on a custom .204 but im glad i didnt in the end. Lets face it, if your buying a .20 calibre its more than likely going to be used for foxing and i bet 95% of foxes shot are under 200 yards. As flat shooting as the .20 cals are they give no real advantage over normal foxing ranges than a .22 CF

From what I can make out, 99% of the people who slag off 204s have never owned one. I have a .17HMR, a .22-250 (dedicated NV rig) and two .308s (one's a stalking rifle, the other a long-range tool). That leaves me with a gap for a lightweight rifle for long-range daylight varminting - I chose .204R as the answer to my needs. If the Devon & Cornwall Firearms Dept. ever get my FAC back to me, I'll be buying one ASAP. My problem, however, is finding a decent quality rifle in this calibre:

Sauer (my first choice) don't make a .204R, and getting a barrel made for one seems nigh-on impossible (Border can't help).
    I thought the Sako 85 action was nasty - the bolt rattled around like a stone in a tin can.
    Kimbers don't have detachable mags (but they do hold 6 rounds, so I might waver on that one).
    I'd prefer a better quality rifle than the CZ.
    Tikkas and Howas don't float my boat.

+1 for that post Paddy, the make is a dilemma for me in that calibre

get a 20TAC built on a predator or batt action , this caliber is the best of the 20s firing a 39grn bullet at 4000fps for 39grns of powder . True most foxes are killed inside 200yrds at night but if you want a round that will get the long ones the TACs for you

that should say 23.5grns of powder

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    that should say 23.5grns of powder