roe bones

mereside

is it ok for a dog to eat the roe carcass without doing itself damage ,all thaughts welcome cheers,wayne

Bones form part of the dogs natural diet in the right balance with to muscle tissue, offel etc... However if your dog has to many bones and too much cartilage he will not be getting the balance he needs. But if it is just something to chew on it'll be grand. If mine has too many bones from a caracas her poop becomes a dry light coloured powder and she gets a tad bunged up.

I gave her the lower leg of a Roe calf a few weeks ago to play with, turned round two minutes later to watch her swallowing the whole lot like a seagull would fish, hair, trotters and all! She was fine but I woke up the next morning to find a shiney well cleaned pair of trotters sitting on the living room rug. Lab's eat anything and if they think you'll come and take it off them they scoff it quicker!

Bones form part of the dogs natural diet in the right balance with to muscle tissue, offel etc... However if your dog has to many bones and too much cartilage he will not be getting the balance he needs. But if it is just something to chew on it'll be grand. If mine has too many bones from a caracas her poop becomes a dry light coloured powder and she gets a tad bunged up.

I gave her the lower leg of a Roe calf a few weeks ago to play with, turned round two minutes later to watch her swallowing the whole lot like a seagull would fish, hair, trotters and all! She was fine but I woke up the next morning to find a shiney well cleaned pair of trotters sitting on the living room rug. Lab's eat anything and if they think you'll come and take it off them they scoff it quicker!

Haha, classic!

A couple of work mates gave my ESSP, a full Red Stag Pluck.

WHAT A MESS!!!! I woke to the next morning.

Thats not a dog you have got, it sounds more like a life support system for a stomach!!!!!

Back