Is DSC1 now mandatory?

The force that said it needed to be booked before a deer condition was granted and would be withdrawn if it wasnt completed was camarthanshire, gwent gave me mine 6 years ago with no problems, it seems that they need to be asked for every reason to be given in writing so its clear and someone puts their name to the reasons...

don,t no about issuing a fac if they don,t have it from some of the questions on this forum and having meet some people who have it, I would not issue one to people whos only experence is a dsc on anylevel:D, tell the police to take a walk if you have land for deer or stalking booked up then they cannot object.

Dont think its manatory yet, if it does become mandatory i dont suppose it be a bad thing,for our sport, for the same reasons stated above. Even the Basc £££ mark up is for our sport benefit also........As far as having time to do the dsc 1 or equivelant recognition......if you have time for outings & the sport you have time to sit it. Even been for the experienced shooter , The dsc or equivelant courses refresh you of the things we have forgot, & saftey is experience , as far as im conserned . When using any firearm over 223 some skill course should be implemeted , for reasons of understanding firearms & the effects. I know of clowns who do not realise the power or damage caused by larger calibers, & have discharged rounds accidently !! :doh:
I'll have to disagree with you there ! I can pop out for an early morning/evening stalk for a few hours only, the nearest DSC course would be in wrexham which is a couple of hours from here, therefore accomodation would also be necessary !

Just I know you have been shooting for quite a few years now dont suppose a qualification would make you safer or the deer any less dead cirtainly the ones I shoot are dead just the same as before I took DSC what it did teach me was that after XXXyears I could still learn more.I am sure anyone who is new to stalking will benifit from it.
Safety is all important anyone saying firearms over 223 well I question their knowledge :-| it should be any rifle full stop.
:!::scared:

Just I know you have been shooting for quite a few years now dont suppose a qualification would make you safer or the deer any less dead cirtainly the ones I shoot are dead just the same as before I took DSC what it did teach me was that after XXXyears I could still learn more.I am sure anyone who is new to stalking will benifit from it.
Safety is all important anyone saying firearms over 223 well I question their knowledge :-| it should be any rifle full stop.
:!::scared:
I think a day o'r two with you would be much better than any certificate ! but i'm going to go for the online one, anything for a quiet life !! :D Diolch yn fawr..

Back