Bushnell Banner

None would be my opinion.................. the Banner is one of their low level models if I recall correctly.

I know what you meant and in my experience most cheaper scopes though advertised as recoil proof but often loose zero when zoom is altered as well as when knocked or under hard recoil.

think someone has it wrong here is the vidio scope not for just recording what you see through normal scope think it sits on top of tele sight:confused:

Have a look at my gallery. all achieved with Bushnell banner 3-9x50.I have used it on my 30-06 for 4 years now in Scotland -Africa taken game from 50 yrds to 300 yrds in all weathers and light conditions ,zero never moved.Now i know that very expensive scopes are better i have looked through them and shot allong side the guys with them and there is a differrence in the clarity but if Bushnell is what you can afford it will not let you down.IMHO there is more b*ll%cks and snobbery concerning optics than anything else:stir:.The most expencive scope i bought was £240 but for years i had a Simmons white tail classic and nought was any deader for it,cost me £70.By the way if i could afford £1000 for a scope i still wouldnt spend that much.:!:
Tusker

Amen to that. Countless models of Bushnell 'scopes have been sold, so there must be millions of satisfied users in the States.

I can outdo you Tusker on the economy front, having bought 3 Weaverscopes - two K4's and a V7 - for £100 from the Shooting Lodge in Skipton. Production moved to Japan in the mid-1980's. I've kept these on my stalking rifles since that time, and wish I'd bought more of 'em.

I started upgrading the optics after having to turn down the shot due to bad light, a storm blew in and what with the rain and the heavy cloud through the Nikko Sterling 4-12x40 scope is was impossible to tell which way the Roe was facing, so a three hour stalk was wasted due to the quality of the lenses. I made the decision then to upgrade them at every chance.

The other year I brought a new Simmons Aetec Master series on friends recommendations it had to go back as it was faulty. The replacement had the same fault and would not hold zero. Tried the next one down the Pro hunter and the label for the windage adjustment came off and blew away........................... I would not recommend either to anyone now. Simmons warranty is fine in the US but they don't seem interested here and the dealer does not want to bother. Last time I deal with them, it was mail order, You might recall the farce with the Nikko Sterling Gold crown on which the occular lens wobbled up and down in it's housing. The guy from Highland Oudoors claims all fast focus adjusting one do that.................................. yeah right. He sent it back saying it was fine....................................... so much for their warranty :rolleyes:. I also tried a Platinum 3-9x40 and that had the same fault the dealer (different one) refunded the cost.

The Weavers were good scopes, cannot comment on the Japanese ones made under Blount's control as the three I have are Steel tubed El Paso made ones. a K4W, K3W brought new from Arthur Gent at Coulsdon before he retired and a K1.5 new from York guns by post. The only Bushnell I have is an old Scope chief 3x probably made in the late 60's or early 70's. So gradually as funds and the chance arises I have been steadily upgrading. Mostly I have to buy used and in fact a second Lisenfeld Spezial 3-9x32 arrived this week at a cost of just over £100... so one can still find them occasionally.

I have over the years owned Tasco, Nikko sterling, Burris Redfield, Leupold, Bushnell, Kasanar,Simmons, and Hawke all in varying models I will say the top Burris Leupolds and Redfields are very good, the best of them by far was a tasco titan. What I will go on record for saying is since the days I could afford my first swaro S/H then things changed big time for me and I would only consider a Zeiss, S+B, Kahles or Swaro. You can cry snobbery all you want but these scopes outshine anything else in every way. I have had many clients with cheaper optics who cannot see what I can in my Zeiss binos and had to pass up shots I have had scopes go out of zero in transit or with the slightest knock. After probably 400 clients and friends over the years I have never known the top end let anyone down.
They are IMHO deffinetly worth the extra money and i'm not what you would call rich.

I have one on top of my .243, a mate has one on his .308. I have had no problems at all with the scope (10 years). Optics wise, the 6-18x50 (£250 scope if money talks) just loses at dusk when compared to my S&B 6x42 (£700 scope).
So in short, as long as it's not a copy of which there are plenty, yes it would be fine.

O_R

Back