Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Point Buck this morning with aladins slippers

8/9 Point Buck this morning with aladins slippers

Out this morning and came across this buck i have been watching for a while, it seemed to be struggling i had watched/filmed him last night and his limp looked more pronounced.
    So This morning after a what i thought was going to a failure because two spooky red hinds were in close proximity to him, i eventually got into a position for the shot around 80yds or so,
    He went over never moved an inch with the 150bt's out of the .308, but it made a grand old mess on exit so i dont think i would use them again.
    He Turned out to be a 8 /9pointer if you count the small 1/2"point and had alladins slippers, it would have been nice to leave him untill he was fully shed but given he was struggling i thought it was the right time and if any dog men had been around he would have been lost for sure.
    And as a bounus i took him into the wood to gralloch where i bait foxes , while waking through i bumped into the biggest buck i have ever seen on my ground he ran 50ydsyds into the wood and stopped i had ample time and a clear shot but was content with what i had and hopefully he will stick around. DF

Attachment 5947 Attachment 5946 Attachment 5948 Attachment 5949 Attachment 5950 Attachment 5951

He looks quite old. It would be interesting to see the trophy once its boiled out. Well done on a nice unusual beast. FM.

Well done mate, glad you took him for your self, its not often you get a malformed head like that.

cracking head that,very unusual i bet your well chuffed,atb wayne

Thanks for posting this, double four. An excellent account and a personal achievement you will savour for the rest of your days. Well done you!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

I think there must be something going on this year as thats the third very odd Buck I have seen since the start of the Buck Season.

I hope you manage to get it cleaned and mounted as its a very good "odd Buck"

will look nice when cleaned up and mounted well done

Well done congratulations, buy the way were the red hinds in yorkshire I was not aware we had them
    What is the generalsort of area they are in
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe