BDS targets for level 1

rodkayak

Are these available as a download ? I know that the BDS sell them at 30p a pop but is it allowable under copyright to scan & email me a copy ?
Any help appreciated Please

I have the target you can pin on a roe silhoette on an a4 sheet i can scan in if you want its not copy write .

The target i have is for the roe target not the 4 inch one it is ment to be invisable to the shooter and therefore they need to shoot a kill zone not a target

rodkayak.
The original BDS Roebuck target was a copy of the German DJV [ Deutsher Jager Verband.] and used by the Ministry of Defence stalkers and had the reference below printed on their targets.
Subsequently the BDS printed their own identical targets which said British Deer Society but with NO mention of the foregoing.
If you send me a stamped addressed envelope I will send you a buck-target insert and a 4" grouping target. PM me for my postal details.
HWH.
CULLHEADS021.jpg

Don't get bogged down in the target. Just zero spot on at 100m and shoot straight in all the way through the course of fire. JC

The target i have is for the roe target not the 4 inch one it is ment to be invisable to the shooter and therefore they need to shoot a kill zone not a target

The problem I see with this is as soon as you put a patch on it you create a referance point for the shooter to use.

Dave

I thought the Level 1 target was a Fallow Doe ? Target lines not visible through the scope so you had to place the cross hairs on the 'kill zone'.

Below is a picture of the German target as copied by the BDS.
When I did the BDS NSCC test in 1984 that was the target used, also when I did my DMQ test at its inception this was also the buck target used.
I do not know if currently the BDS use it or not as I terminated my membership a few years ago.

At my thrice yearly stalkers shoots this is the buck target I use. [my next shoot on April 17th.]
HWH.
CULLHEADS024.jpg

rodkayak.
The original BDS Roebuck target was a copy of the German DJV [ Deutsher Jager Verband.] and used by the Ministry of Defence stalkers and had the reference below printed on their targets.
Subsequently the BDS printed their own identical targets which said British Deer Society but with NO mention of the foregoing.
If you send me a stamped addressed envelope I will send you a buck-target insert and a 4" grouping target. PM me for my postal details.
HWH.
CULLHEADS021.jpg
Was it not the case that the BDS was formed by the original DDM members who brought ideas, knowledge (and targets) back from Germany? Long before my time, but your MOD buck target would appear to substantiate this?
I'm not sure whether you are suggesting that the BDS should have recognised DDM or the DJV or possibly both?
It's just a target at the end of the day, and probably not subject to copyright laws any way.
However, the history is very interesting, and that target will be worth a few quid if you still have it? The history of deer management in UK seems relatively 'young', which is why someone like yourself should document it H!;)
Regards,
MS:)

IAN
My wife is booked in for the Level 1 & now has a ticket for my 6.5x55. I want her to be the best shot on the day.
Thanks for your help. Hope to do some stalking again with you soon.

Back