Thread: Meopta Artemis or Zeiss Duralyt

Meopta Artemis or Zeiss Duralyt

Found a shop with both in 3-12 mag

Which is the better scope do you think?

And is there any real reason to get the 56mm objective (other than the fact i can get a good deal and cheaper than the 50mm). I have a 50 mm scope at the moment and might have to get new rings as a result

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex

Of the two, I'd go Zeiss if money is not an issue. 56mm ought to collect a bit more light in the gloaming - but if you're into new rings that may balance your cost equation a bit.
    Always go with gut feel of what you are most comfortable with - it'll only nag you later on.....

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I sold my Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 and replaced it with a Meopta Meostar R1r 3-12x56 which I then changed to an S&B 2.5-10x56.
    I still have the meopta and wouldnt hesitate to swap back to it if I didnt like the SnB. I just didnt like the Zeiss, cant put my finger on why really other than I thought the meopta optics are actually better than the Zeiss and I liked the illuminated reticle.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Both good scopes ,currently own the Zeiss and a meopta 4-16 x44 tactical .
    You wont go wrong with either , nothing to choose between them.

I have a Meopta 3-12x56 on my .243 and it's a very good scope, nice and clear, bright. Doesn't sit too high on my rifle. Took me a while to get used to the reticle changing size as you zoom up and down but I think I actually prefer the FFP now. I recently bought a Duralyt and I think the Zeiss just has the edge but there isn't a lot in it. ATB Gareth.

How about if the 3-12x50 was the ZD tactic model with the illuminated reticle?

Has anyone used the illuminated dot from Meopta? I like the Nightforce one but is the Meopta one any good?

Hi Dan

I have the 2100 illuminated 7x50 and find it great . 7 brightness settings but would probably never need more than number three. Good glass.