which 270

stav

hi guy's. i,m now about to buy a 270 which is for mainly deer and odd fox been looking at the howa's 1500 but just wondering what people would buy with upto £1000(just rifle and new) of your hard earned cash. any advice and opinions most welcome. thanks in advance stav

....depends largely on what you like with that budget......

Here's my Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 270 to whet your appetite......

E t R

Attachments

• DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 57
Hi,

I have had a Tikka T3 Lite in .270 from new.

Out of the box was able to do 1" groups with no mod.

Since adding a Northstar mod, I have tightened the groups to less that 1".

You can get a new one for less than £1000.

I will never part with mine. It will be with me for life.

Good luck with you search

Cheers

Ross

Spend £300 on a good Parker Hale .270 and spend £700 more than you were already planning for on really good glass to go on top. Just as accurate as anything new. I have one, as do Mereside and Vizslamad, all in .270Win' and they are all accurate as hell (at least V's is when anyone other than him is firing it :lol: but that's his OAP eyes rather than the rifle).

If it has to be new, I have endlessly impressed with Gadget's tupperware and stainless steel Tikka T3 - prints irritatingly small groups in all weathers with any round he shoves through it, from my polished and fettled handloads to crappy PPU ammo. I also like the X Bolt as it is light and has the nicest synthetic stock I have handled on a rifle.

A.

got 1k (when our lass losers her bet)for the scope in afew weeks so got that covered.could get abit more together for a better rifle if it stands out from the rest but only another 3/4 hundred at a push.stav

....depends largely on what you like with that budget......

Here's my Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 270 to whet your appetite......

E t R

Was that the left handed one offered by Steve Beatie a few months back? Have been keeping my eyes open for one since although never seen one in the flesh.

Edit; There (was) is a nice Tikka 595 Deluxe in .270, screw cut I/2" UNF on Guntrader @ £495.

Simon

Last edited:
Very nice.....where from and how old was it?!!!!

i bought it from minsterly ranges out wales way , completely blind !

didnt clap eyes on it untillmy rfd made got hold of it , it was in mint nick and left left hander , and shot about 200-400 forunds if that !

my gun smith said it was proofed in birmingham in 1989.

cheers lee

shoots like this , 4 shot group @ 100m

Image000.jpg
[/IMG]

Was that the left handed one offered by Steve Beatie a few months back? Have been keeping my eyes open for one since although never seen one in the flesh.

Yes it is. As Lee says, extremely accurate. I had one back in the late eighties, so of a similar time to his and it was very accurate. When I was looking again, it was a no-brainer when this one appeared. PM sent.

Go for a good secondhand sako,if it was me and i could scrape the extra cash together i'd defo go for that 75 Flytie suggested at Macloeds,yummy.

Stav i would be looking at sako or tikka or a remington as these seem to be popular makes. i got a t3 in 270 recently and its an accurate rifle it will key hole 130feds at 100-150 yards no problem, i would stick with one of the above they are not to expensive and ive not heard of anyone who has problems with them :)

Back