Thread: .243 Tikka 590 Deluxe

.243 Tikka 590 Deluxe

Hi Folks,

Now SOLD for asking price - pending funds.

Here we have for sale, my .243 Tikka 590. I'm looking for 450 for the rifle and rings.

Deluxe version with dark walnut stock & a rose-wood grip cap & fore-end.
    3 shot magazine capacity + 1 in the breech.
    Excellent trigger, adjusted to a crisp 2 pounds.
    Screwcut to 1/2" UNF 20 - complete with thread protector.
    Windage adjustable steel bases & rings, allowing the mounting of scopes with up to 56mm objective.

A great looking rifle, it is a shooter as well. Without major effort, I got it shooting into 3/4" & promptly gave up load development & went hunting! As you might expect from a used rifle, it has a couple minor scratches in the stock, as well as a small 'bruise' in the wood under the fore-end, where a previous user did horrible things attaching a bipod! Nothing that cannot be steamed out & re-finished if you wish.

The 590 dates from the days before Beretta cost-accountants got their hands on the Tikka range, & this shows in the quality of the construction and 'feel' of the rifle. In those days, barrels for both Tikka & Sako ranges were literally taken from the same bin and screwed onto whatever model was bening produced at the time. The result? Sako accuracy for Tikka prices - a bargain even then!

It makes a superb stalking rifle - while the calibre lets it double as a very effective foxing tool. I am only letting it go, as I need a larger calibre as a 'Client' rifle for Wild Boar shooting - otherwise, it's a keeper!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by IanF; 12-04-2011 at 22:11.

I hav one of these , most reliable rifle I hav ever owned
    certainly has delivered the goods over the years and still going strong after several thousand's of rounds
    I was offered 350 for mine to day just for the action alone , so that must say something about the quality of these rifles
    I'm sure the new owner will be pleased
    best wishes

Thanks for the interest - as Pete says, I'm sure the eventual owner will be delighted with this rifle.

Thanks for your interest - rifle has been sold to WA, pending funds.

dear sir, should for any reason the sale break down please contact me, yours Buster dog

Quote Originally Posted by buster dog View Post
    dear sir, should for any reason the sale break down please contact me, yours Buster dog
    if the gods shine and the 2 offers you have fail ile have it