Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the bucks?

Where are the bucks?

I have been out three times in the last two days and have seen four does and no bucks..................Isnt it typical !!!

Anyone else having the same luck?

I was wondering the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

I was out 3 times this weekend and saw:
    a. 1 Fox
    b. 50+ cockbirds
    c. 20+ henbirds
    d. 5 does
    e. 4 hares
    f. 2 partridges
    g. 4 ducks bucks...even stayed out extra late to make sure I wasn't missing out on some 'last light' action,,but alas, no bucks....

another issued I had this weekend, I would stumble over the does!, I would be stalking, coming around small coppice woods or large shrub areas, and BANG, a doe 5 yds in front of me...time and time again, scared the h*ll out of both me and the does,...I'm lingering on the frayed ends of sanity after that..

Hi you guys you should not let them get hold of a calander it happens to me every year.march 25th loads of bucks 1st april a few in velvet hardly a clean buck to be found, seriously though I think a lot has to do with farmers and jo public moving about more.fertiliser spreading/spraying crops etc have a big effect.having said that been out twice this weekend found buck in velvet/clean buck and shot 3 foxes seen six three on sky line and its foxes first on that permission so bucks have been left alone one at 20yds nither of us wanted to move.

Established Poster
    gods country....northumberland
    same tale here in northumberland, bucks very hard to find, shot a fox on saturday evening from a high seat, it had a badly injured foot, saw does on sunday morning, but no bucks.

I was out with some clients over weekend 3 nice big roe bucks shot and one very nice fallow buck shot never spotted less than about 20+ deer between us each outing they could have shot more but were only interested in big bucks

Are the bucks still showing in the norf?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Once the ruts finished Bucks just seem to disappear can't find them anywhere, might see a bit of movement again in September but won't expect to see much until then.

Same for me in yorkshire was out last night and there was 4 does and 6 kids (twins and 2 singles unattended other twins with mum) but not a buck in sight not to bothered as in the last few years once harvest is done they tend to reappear around on the stubbles so fingers crossed i will get a chance to catch up with the possible silver I have nocking about yet this season once he's spread his seed.

same here, think they all gone up to yorkshire

Rut certainly isn't over in the Borders yet!