deer data

mo

anyone bought ray meres dsc deer data cd? is it any good? was wondering if it gives you practice questions from the question bank which will tell you were you went wrong.

Mo

i think you can do mock tests with it, but it will only down load to one computer, and if like me your laptop is on it's last legs then i,ll not be buying.stav

anyone bought ray meres dsc deer data cd? is it any good? was wondering if it gives you practice questions from the question bank which will tell you were you went wrong.

Mo

Hi Mo,

If you want a system that offers you that facility, then you can access it through our brand new website at £9.99 (about 0.33p/day) for a month, and can renew it if you wish. Our last candidates on our DSCL1 course all used it and found it invaluable. You can pull off random questions on:

DSCL1 Question bank - (50 random questions from the 284)

Meat Hygiene - Large Game/Common Hygiene - (20 random questions out of the selection of both subjects - as you would get on your test)

Safety - A Power Point Presentation which allows you to test your knowledge.

Deer Identification - 20 Random, high quality slides from 104 photos (Photos by Brian Phipps)

It really is all you need for DSC Level 1. You can test yourself as many times as you like on all disciplines, and you will instantly be given your score, and can also review the questions to find out where you went wrong. You can access it from any computer using your username and password. and we will upgrade the system within a matter of hours should there be changes to legislation, or to the DSCL1 assessment requirements, so you will never be 'out of touch' with the current requirements, and the system will ALWAYS be up-to-date.

If you want to try out the system, You can access the system from our website: Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence and click on 'USER CENTRE' then click on 'SUBSCRIBE' and you can pay your £9.99 by Paypal. Once paid you will automatically be sent a username and password with which you can gain instant access to the INTERACTIVE LEARNING CENTRE and revision pages for all six species of UK deer.

It'll be the best £9.99 you will spend! And it is available to ANYONE, regardless of whether they are training with Jelen Deer Services or not.

Please do give me a call if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence

Last edited:
Mo,
I got the deer data disk you are talking about and it is great. As has been rightly said it only goes on one computer. I think it is well worth the £49.

Slangevar,

Jimmy

I am currently using the Jelen Deer online facility whilst revising for my DSC L1. I have found it very helpful and a great way to test your progress whilst learning. The site is easy to use and well worth the tenner a month in my opinion.

Dom

I will second that, I didn't do my DSC1 with Jelen however I brought their practice questions disk which was an amazing help. Every one else on the course was floundering around on the exam questions where after running through the disk questions a few times before the course I had the whole thing knocked off in about 10 minutes!

Maggots

I have brought Ultimate Deer Data and found it to be an excellent learning package covering everything you could possible want to know about DSC1.
I have also subscribed to the Jelen product as I was interested in doing a comparison. Contrary to what Mike mentioned earlier in this string, the £9.99 charged by Jelen, is only good value if you want to gain your DSC 1 without learning much. Don’t bother answering the questions in the quiz just click ‘finish’ and ‘review’ and all the answers are there without you having to do any work. If you want to cheat and go down this route be careful as the questions on this quiz are not up to date and I have noticed at least 50 differences against the most recent DMQ question bank and some answers are plain incorrect. The recognition quiz fails to address the sex of the deer as required in DSC 1 so only half helps. It’s also a pity that you pay a subscription only to be informed that some sections of the site are still under construction. Hmmm.
Sorry Jelen but Ultimate Deer Data is light years ahead of your imitation.
Bill Martin

Got the Ray Mears BDS cd its great but as has been said it only will go on one comp which is a pity as i wanted to take it with me when i went away but still worth the money AAAAA++++

I have brought Ultimate Deer Data and found it to be an excellent learning package covering everything you could possible want to know about DSC1.
I have also subscribed to the Jelen product as I was interested in doing a comparison. Contrary to what Mike mentioned earlier in this string, the £9.99 charged by Jelen, is only good value if you want to gain your DSC 1 without learning much. Don’t bother answering the questions in the quiz just click ‘finish’ and ‘review’ and all the answers are there without you having to do any work. If you want to cheat and go down this route be careful as the questions on this quiz are not up to date and I have noticed at least 50 differences against the most recent DMQ question bank and some answers are plain incorrect. The recognition quiz fails to address the sex of the deer as required in DSC 1 so only half helps. It’s also a pity that you pay a subscription only to be informed that some sections of the site are still under construction. Hmmm.
Bill Martin

Hi Bill,

I am a little disappointed that you feel that our ILC is an 'IMITATION' especially as people were using our ILC BEFORE the Deer Data cd was even released!!!

I would be very disappointed if the Deer Data cd wasn't a 'flagship' product, especially as the BDS have huge resources to deploy into it's production. I don't doubt for a second that it's a useful instructional resource.

Our ILC is very different, and is predominantly designed to be a learning and testing facility, with a release of DSCL2 learning centre (which is under construction) planned for release later this year.

All the questions and answers are correct, so I'd be interested to hear which ones you feel are wrong!! We conduct a DSCL1 course every month, and so far have not had a case of any incorrect questions/answers in our question bank.

Finally, if you are subscribed to our ILC (of which I can find no record!) then I am surprised that you have not asked for a refund, as the ILC is covered by our JELEN Money Back GUARANTEE!!

I'd be interested to hear your comments.

Regards,

Mike

Bill Martin

Nice intro, welcome to the SD... I'm sure you'll make many friends :D

I was given a chance to compare BDS Deer Data to the Jelen oferings this week

Billyboys statement that Deer Data was light years ahead of the Jelen CD and On-line think were an under statement

Its isnt too hard for the BDS cd to be better though as it has the correct question bank and correct answers.

Both the Jelen CD and online thing are strewn with outdated questions and wrong answers it looks like it has been thrown together with little attention to detail and for max profit from the unsussecting punter

Well i bought the Jelen cd of mike and did my DSC1 and passed with flying colours i only had a week to study the cd i dont think there is anything wrong with the cd it is down to the indidvidual if they can hold on to the information they are reading i did mine with P Bursglove from the BASC on a day course and i would recomend it to any memeber

Mark

I was given a chance to compare BDS Deer Data to the Jelen oferings this week

Billyboys statement that Deer Data was light years ahead of the Jelen CD and On-line think were an under statement

Its isnt too hard for the BDS cd to be better though as it has the correct question bank and correct answers.

Both the Jelen CD and online thing are strewn with outdated questions and wrong answers it looks like it has been thrown together with little attention to detail and for max profit from the unsussecting punter
Might be a good idea to let jelen know. They then have the opportunity to correct anything that is wrong. I too am a subscriber to jelens online learning. I would be interested to know which questions and answers are incorrect. Please enlighten me. Ed.

Bill Martin

Interesting first post............

TJ

Hi Everyone,

Just to put everyone in the picture here. As part of the on-going development of our training aids, we check our systems once a week at least. To date we have found no wrong answers or inaccurate questions whatsoever. Our users have found all system very helpful, and has resulted in outstanding pass rates amongst our candidates, and has received some excellent reviews from many others.

The fact that both J Blane, and Billyboy have declined to point out which questions THEY think are wrong, then for now I can only assume that they have a vested interest in attempting to tarnish our good reputation in the industry. I would suggest that the fact that either of them thought they were qualified enough to do a COMPARISON - but then fail to substantiate their findings and allegations, perhaps casts a shadow over their authenticity, and perhaps their motives too!

Until the SD members who seek to cast doubt over our products and services are prepared to 'come clean' and air their views in a professional manner, with some evidence to suggest accuracy in their allegations, then I wouldn't expect anyone to take their comments seriously. Although I would advise the two members in question to perhaps study the law - and the consequences of making untrue statements about companies or individuals on a public forum.

J Blane should maybe ask why Jelen are the ONLY company to offer a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE on all our products and services! We are confident that our systems are correct. If we weren't, then we wouldn't be foolish enough to back our products and services with a GUARANTEE!

At £9.99, there is little better value for money on the market. And our CD Rom at £22.50 has now sold several hundred, with version 2 achieving even faster sales - without any complaints - then I think we have pitched our products about right in the market.

Oh, and before I forget Mr. J. Blane, Yep! We're in business to make a profit! .....

And finally, if ANYONE has any concerns about our products that they have purchased from us, then please don't hesitate to give me a call on 07707 118612 when I would be pleased to discuss any issues with you.

Best regards

Mike

Might be a good idea to let jelen know. They then have the opportunity to correct anything that is wrong. I too am a subscriber to jelens online learning. I would be interested to know which questions and answers are incorrect. Please enlighten me. Ed.

Thats a good idea!

They will have to pay for the information though as they charge you guys for the answers they should pay too

I do have the right answers to the all questions should anyone doing DSC1 want them for free drop me a pm

Mike you and I posted at the same time I am only pointing out the short comings of your products that not only have outdated questions but worse still the wrong answers.

you charge for this service and yet want me to correct your product for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will give you one for free:

You have bought a farm and woods in North Wales but there are no deer on it and you would like to investigate a release programme. Which of the following best describes the option open to you?

Both the question and answers have been updated and your answer is also the wrong answer.

Now I have done one the rest will cost :)

Last edited:
Mike,

You did ask for a list of all the questions that are wrong

As you charge for the CD and your online thing and forum it is a bit of a cheek asking billyboy and myself to correct all of your wrong questions and answers without offering payment.

I have posted above an example of the 50 Plus questions that are WRONG plus the one in the example also has a WRONG answer and you do not even have the good grace to say thankyou.

The JELEN CD and web page is littered with incorrect information and wrong answers do youself a favour and ask for your money back then at least it will be worth what you have paid for it!

Back