Trigger pull.

Uncle Buck

Right Lads Looking for some advice regards to trigger pull weight,

I'm shooting a T3 at just over 3lbs (pro's + con's) of going lighter.

I must be honest the thaught of to light a pull :scared: the **** out of

me. your views please.

Rgds, Buck.

I'm down to 2.5lbs now which is relatively light for a stalking rifle. I don't like heavy triggers, but can't see much point in going any lighter than I have as I don't think it will affect my shooting!
Some of the American settings seem very heavy to me?
Personal preference I suppose, but safety must be the deciding factor.;)
2.5 still feels safe to me.
MS:)

I have my Tikka T3 Varminter 6.5X55 set at 2.75 pounds. My Carl Gustaf .270 goes off at a similar weight.
My other rifles have the option of a set trigger.

Delicate trigger settings can be dangerous in cold weather when there is little feeling in the fingers.

I made myself a trigger-pull tester from a Little Samson 0-7 pound fishing balance.
HWH.

Triggertester-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have just set my T3 at 3lb pull so will see how it goes but it feels much better. It was set at 4lb from new so this must be about middle for diddle :D

I set my Sako at 3lb, it's not the lightest in the world, and I'm sure I would set it lighter if it was a range tool. However, it works perfectly well for stalking and is most importantly safe to handle. The standard sniper rifle is set at 3lb too,...if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me;)

according to my new 243 it is set at about 4 [going off my own home made measure]....want to get it down to about 2.5-3 to match my other rifles....it does 'feel' too heavy at the moment but the thought of going less than 2.5 is a bit scarey for me too...

atb

Its good to see fellow stalkers taking such a keen interest in matter likes this. I am amazed at how many people have absolutely no idea what the pull weight of their trigger is, and how it affects accuracy etc! I have my Sauer set at 2.5lbs.

ATB

T

One of the reasons I leave mine at 3lb and not lighter, is that being in Scotland, it's very often I shoot with near-frozen fingers, and I don't want to let anything off prematurely just because I couldn't feel the trigger resistance properly, which would mean injured deer - not my cup of tea...now you boys down south where it's warm all year and the women walk around in skirts and skimpy tops!!!...well,,,actually, perhaps Scotland is worse for that, despite the weather:rolleyes:

no idea what mine is set at weight wise, but it is about half of what it was from the factory.
not interested in the figure, juts kept turning the screw until it felt "right"

Thats great Lads the normal's round about the 2-3 lb mark, as I feel I'm not pulling shot's I reckon

I will leave it as is for now.

Thanks Buck.

Back