Tragic news

jimbo123p

Just on the Scottish news, two teenagers killed in shooting insident. A 16 year old girl and an eighteen year old boy. The 18 year old boy is a Cluny Gamekeeper, Tomintoul. No further details except the police are not looking for anyone else involved.
Jim

Tragic News...... all seems a little odd that both were found dead and they are not looking for anyone else involved.. :(

It was "suggested" on the news this morning that the young keeper shot the girl accidentally and then turned the gun on himself in remorse, tragic.

John

Just seen further details of this on Sky News. Putting aside the firearms aspect, this is just about the saddest story i've ever heard, truely tragic. No doubt the usual suspects (on both sides of the fence) will try to make political gain by it but I hope they have enough respect for those involved to wind there necks in this time. No-one can imagine the grief that the familes must be going through. JC

christ tragic news indeed as already said....cant say much more can you?

but regarding the "usual suspects" using this to make political gain winding their necks in????

i doubt that!!!! they dont have the compassion or any feelings but for what they can use to further themselves or their cause!!!!

and yet we are the ones made out to be guntoting soul less gits!?!?!?!

a young lad and his lass taken before their prime and accidentally so perhaps!!!

all thoughts and feelings to the familys

paul

Any death is a waste but these two where only just beggining, to Callum and sophie in gods hands may you both rest in peace.

This is a complete and utter tragedy, I regularly go to Delnabo stalking with Davy Taylor and stop on the estate with the family who are the nicest people you will ever meet. I was up there in February when I met Callum for the first time and he came across as a great lad who was very polite and courteous. Sophie was a wonderful pretty young lass who was always bright and bubbly. This is an unbelievable loss and my thoughts and condolences go out to Davy, Katie and David jnr.
God Bless & Rest In Peace to you both.

I've tried to respond to this thread a few times but just haven't been able to find the right words.

Despite a few rash and ill informed opinions at the start, this thread has been very dignified and I'd liked to thank everyone for this.

I have the honour of knowing both families and probably had one of the toughest days of my life as I was at Calums funeral today. I was asked to be a pole bearer by Calums family and I can not put into words how honoured I feel for being trusted for such a duty.

I have known Calum since he was but a small "loon" and have an everlasting memory of him and my son catching their first trout together. Calum was a very thoughtful and caring lad, not one to carry out rash actions, what has happened to both him and Sophie just highlights the importance of education, and I plea for you all to act if you ever see anyone looking uncomfortable or unsafe around firearms, speak out, offending someone is a hell of a lot less painfull than the last 12 days.

The dignity and compassion shown by Sophies parent [who many of you know] has been inspirational. I hope we never have to see such a tragic incident ever again.

I've had a few drams and it's a bit easier to type, but again many thanks and I have passed your wishes on to Calums family who are deeply thankful.

ATB

SB

bambislayer very hard to find the right words to reply to this thread without feeling quite emotional
even though i dont know yourself or the familys involved i am very sad for your losses in this very difficult time
my nineteen year old son is a gamekeeper here down south .
I would just like to echo your words to every member on this site where you say about no matter how uncomfortable
it may be at the time if you see anything you see which you belive to be unsafe then speak up .

at a clay shoot last week i saw a 13 year old lad walk to the entries tent with a closed shotgun preparing to shoot off
for the juniors cup i did not know the lad but politely said young man please break your gun which he then did .
im so glad i did know after reading your post .
please send my familes best wishes to the familes involved

very best regards pete .

Back