pregnant bitch

hi all in terms of excercise with a pregnant bitch,straight after the mating is it best to keep her on the lead and cut down on her excercise,when my dogs off the lead she will run and run and chase anything.any help will be great many thanks

I am no expert but I have ever worried too much, I just let them carry on as normal.
The only time they will get less exercise is when they are too heavily in pup to run much.
Hope this helps.
Good luck if you are having a litter.

Nick.

As nick100 said just carry on as normal but don't be tempted to feed to much in the early stages of her pregnancy as she will store
the food as fat and not pass any nutriants on to the litter, this can cause problems at birth and affect the health of the un born pup's.
Feed a good quality food and up the bitches intake in the later part of her pregnancy and you will have a healthy litter and a healthy bitch.
Hope this helps Regards

hi all in terms of excercise with a pregnant bitch,straight after the mating is it best to keep her on the lead and cut down on her excercise,when my dogs off the lead she will run and run and chase anything.any help will be great many thanks

Keep her on a lead untill you get her trained NOT to chase everything , dogs should be under control. ye old stalker

Back