Money does make the world go around.

finnbear270

Or at least it does for a few, some of us who buy those WHT stamps as committed wildfowlers, may be surprised to find that it takes at least five members of staff from B.A.S.C., to physically visit Lithuania in connection with this scheme, for a whole week too, not a bad work assignment in my view............... must sign off now as I have to go pull in a few more notches on the old financial belt.:eek:

glad that non of my hard earned cash has gone towards that!!

Something completely different but relating to money just the same , i am weekly paid and have worked for the same employer for 13 years i have had 5 weeks of sick in that time one of them was last week with a cold/cough or man flu as my wife calls it , 3 of the others were getting over an hernia op years ago and the last week odds and sods . well got my paycheck today with statutory sick pay of £32 - £12 pension contributions i have less than £20 in my account !

wonder if the basc team get full sick pay?

I think we should first try and establish the facts of the matter.

As with all such trips, whatever the organisation, there will always be accusations of jollies for the executives at the expense of others. Now that both David Isley and Christopher Graffius subscribe to the forum perhaps they would like to take this opportunity to explain the finer points of this matter - which members of staff were required to attend and why, their role in the functions of the WHT and how the trip was funded.

I presume the trip was necessary and that only those who needed to attend were sent. Nevertheless, the question has been asked and we now await the reply with interest.

Last edited:
Not paid for by BASC nor out of the WHT pot so no members money was spent.

As I understnad it some of the WHT trustees were invited over by the Lithuanians to see the progress on some of the projects funded by WHT, I would guess to show the money was well spent.

As I am not employed by WHT I can't answer the 'finer points'.

David

Thank you, David, diolch.

Just one more question. If neither BASC nor the WHT paid for the trip, who did?

Once again, we see the benefits of open discussion via online fora. I look forward to the day when a similar facility is provided by BASC itself.

Last edited:
Or at least it does for a few, some of us who buy those WHT stamps as committed wildfowlers, may be surprised to find that it takes at least five members of staff from B.A.S.C., to physically visit Lithuania in connection with this scheme, for a whole week too, not a bad work assignment in my view............... must sign off now as I have to go pull in a few more notches on the old financial belt.:eek:

Maybe you should get your facts straight in future before making malicious allegations!:D

Last edited:
Tikka:- Wildlife Habitat Trust, set up by BASC in the 80's to fund/acquire, mostly, wet lands for wildfowl shooting etc.and conservation

Last edited:
Maybe you should get your facts straight in future before making malicious allegations!:D
So you are a believer then? & questioning expenditure is construed as malicious is it, hope you don't have any levers to pull in a business!:lol: & having read this mornings pm's, there is still some doubt as to who is actually paying for what, I would advise you to look before you jump, Steve.

To be honest I did not find finnbear's questions / comments maliciouse - blunt and to the point yes - but thats fine by me!

David

Back