Shooting Sports and the Welsh Assembly

I hope you are all using this easy means of remiding prospective AMs that the shooting sports lobby should not be forgotten.

Please PM me if if you would like a bilingual version of the questionnaire.

Two responses in for Cardiff West, both in support of shooting sports. Craig Williams, Conservative, and Chris Franks, Plaid Cymru.

An encouraging start!

:thumb:

Dim ond un ateb rhwng y cwbl sy'n anelu naill at Geredigion neu "Canolbarth a Gorllewin Cymru"! Un! A hwnna'n Dori hefyd! O leia mae e'n gefnogol, sydd yn rhywbeth i ddiolch.:)

Hello XXXXXXXX

Please be assured of my support for Shooting within current guidelines. I hold a shotgun licence, my elder son is a particularly keen shot- and as a farmer, I know the importance of appropriate vermin control- especially at lambing time!

Kind Regards

William Powell

Liberal Democrats-Regional List Candidate, Mid and West Wales

Dear Mr XXXXX,
>>
>> Thank you for your enquiry.
>>
>> The Green Party is against any form of shooting of living creatures for
>> sporting purposes. We are not against shooting activities such as clay
>> pigeon shooting and target shooting. We are not against the shooting of
>> animals when it is part of a culling process or, for example, the
>> shooting of deer for the provision of venison. It is only the shooting of
>> animals for sport which we are against.
>>
>> I hope this makes our position clear.
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>> Chris Simpson
>> The Green Party Candidate for the Constituency of Ceredigion

Last edited:
another reply,

Dear Mr. Studmuffin,

Thank you for your email regarding Shooting Sports.

The following statement best describes my views on Shooting Sports:

Supportive: I support shooting sports conducted according to the current
codes of practice.

I hope this is helpful and thank you once again for contacting me.

Yours sincerely,

Lisa Francis

Welsh Conservative Assembly Regional Candidate for Mid and West Wales

another positive reply
Thank you for your email. I would put myself on the supportive end of this spectrum, with the proviso that codes of practice and legal restrictions MUST be adhered to in order to maintain the public’s support for shooting sports.

Best wishes

Simon Thomas
@SimonThomasAber
facebook.com/SimonThomasAber
http://carwcoch.blogspot.com/

Mae etholiad Cymru ar y 5ed o Fai yn gyfle i ti newid ein cenedl er gwell. Yn etholiad Cymru, pleidleisiwch ddwywaith i’r Blaid dros Gymru well. Cer i www.plaidcymru.org i fod yn rhan o'n hymgyrch.

The coming Welsh election on May 5th is your chance to help change our country for the better. In this Welsh election, vote Plaid twice for a better Wales. Go to www.plaidcymru.org to play your part in our campaign.

From Chris Franks, Plaid Cymru South Wales Central

I support shooting sports conducted according to the current codes of practice.

As an aside I feel that BASC is a valuable organisation. Although my main interest is wild life I fully understand that with out the proper habitat that is often nurtured by BASC members the countryside would not be so attractive for birds and mammals.

I think it is worth pointing out that after the elections shooters should still maintian contact with AM's

David

Back