Anything in NI ???

I was thinking or trying to arrange a meet in a pub somewhere.

The Ballywalter game fair is on the weekend after Easter if anyone is heading there I will likely be there on the Saturday.

Hello,
Should be going to the fair myself, would be good to put (user) names to faces. Also I've noticed that your quite knowlegeable on the reloading front Brian, would like to pick your brains if you wouldn't mind as I'm just about to start. Pm me if you all get something solid arranged and don't mind one more!!

june 11 2011

Just heard that there is in the pipeline a day being arranged to try out Sauer rifles and Swarovski scopes on a range at Baronscourt NI. BASC to release details shortly and those interested must register before the event. May even be a pig roast or venison burgers on the go apparently.;)

Just heard that there is in the pipeline a day being arranged to try out Sauer rifles and Swarovski scopes on a range at Baronscourt NI. BASC to release details shortly and those interested must register before the event. May even be a pig roast or venison burgers on the go apparently.;)
I would definitely be up for that. Any word on release date?

Faces to names a brill idea, the try out day at baronscourt another good idea.. i'll try and get some more info from basc tomorrow. Im up for anything that ideas and knowledge can be exchanged .

johnnie

Had a chat to Basc lisburn, looks like the day might be connected to young guns castledawson yet to confirm (cant get an answer to calls) but Basc did say that they were thinking of hosting/holding "dealer type nights" to show whats on offer but ... TBC as they say.

johnnie

Yes, Mervyn Young had mentioned that to me. They are going to have the full range of Sauer's and Swaro's on show. Some kit will be assembled and operational for a bit of range use.

Might go myself if I can get away for the day.

UPDATE:

The date for the sauer rifle/swarovski scope day is 11th June at Baronscourt range form 10am -7pm if you wish to shoot any of the rifles you will need to register with "Young Guns Castledawson" ( 028 ) 79468375 0r mobile 07989758120 as they are hosting the day, you must also provide your own eye and ear protection.

There you go !!

johnnie

Had been rota'd to work that Saturday BUT got it given away. Mervyn is top guy and I'll be there. Hope it goes ahead! Just booked my week stalking for this Nov in Wicklow with Mr Fenton and have been thinking of a Z4i swaro, :lol: , maybe to put atop of my 202. Mervyn also has mentioned he my open up a range around his Castledawson location? Could do with somewhere closer to range in at times..

Last edited:
Anyone else going as well as myself? Hear Carol is to cook 150 burgers! Had the venison burgers at Baronscourt the time I did my DSc there, mmmmmmm! Called at Mervyns stall at Moira Game Fair so looking forward to shooting the rifles he had on display.

Did anyone get down to Baronscourt at the weekend?

I have been laid up with the flu, have not been out the door for days.

Re Baronscourt

Yep was there on Saturday. Good crowd in am by the look of the list of names on the register. We arrived pm. Got to shoot all the guns on the try range. Sauer outback in 223 wolverine in 308 and two others including a cammo stocked one. Had 3 shots with each on the 100yrd range at orange clays on a board. Had a burger and a coffee so all in all not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. Stopped off in Omagh for a dander up the main street before the 90min drive hame. Here's a thought? If we had a stalking directory badge we would then know of other members of this site and could put a face to the names? Seemed to be plenty of fishermen on the River Strule so guess the salmon are in?

Back