Thread: New Permission

New Permission

My brother managed to get me permission on a golf course ( Vermin/Crow) up in the Forest of Dean, and i am hopeing to get some contacts for land for Stalking. Went there this morning to look around and and assess the safety aspect ( no probs ) , introduced myself to the grounds man and had quite a supprise he went balistic NO you cant shoot the Crows if they give you permission i`ll leave now. He went on about how good it was to here them talking to each other and how they mate for life. Well i didnt want to upset him anymore so legged it, had a word with the steward and asked him to let me know whats what. Have anyone else had broblems of this sort ? Its a good opertunity for me on the contacts side and i not sure what to do..

I have permission on a golf course where i can shoot everything except fox! The golfers like seeing them . I shoot only what I'm told to shoot!

Atb steve

I have had a licence to shoot vermin (rabbits, fox, winged vermin and munties) on a local NT property for about 15 yrs its had 3 property managers and all have been good to get on with but it has just had a new one and boy is she a grade 1 so and so, x rspb she took 1 look at the returns from last year and wonted to know why we was shooting corvids and pidgeon and called a holt to everything until further notice, wonder how long it will be before she is wondering where the small bird population has gone.

Couple of golf courses here and shoot everything except foxes 'because they eats rabbits'
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

leaving foxes because they eat rabbits is something I have heard of before and TBH I think is a pretty good reason in some circumstances.