Is this your dog

Tayfix

Am i getting middle aged/old?
Today it was a lovley day and I took my young children out for a picnic and catch some tiddlers in the net and bucket.
Now I was not the only one doing this and I saw many others getting peed off. The dog had so many other areas further along the river chess that were no good for the family but ideal for the dogs to get wet and muddy.
Now to my problem all these dog owners thought it ok to raid every picnic shake them selfs and slobber over all and depending on the size of the dog SH**T the life out of my three year old girl and panic my nine year old son.
I would always have my dog to heel and let him stretch his legs when no one was going to get botherd by him.
One guy told my his two dogs that were twice as big as my daughter there ok then he ran into the river to stop one of them attacking a small child with a fishing net?
So is this ok or should all dog owners train there dogs to stay with them?

The old saying you can never trust a dog with kids comes to mind i would always keep my dog away from young kids and he's a softy !

never trust a dog no matter how soft they appear we have 5 all told 2 labs 1 spaniel 2 german sheperds all good dogs but wont let em be too near small kids even though they grew up with my 4 boys .sheperds have a bad reputation but they are real softys just look mean .we find small dogs worse they have small dog syndrome !

Your getting old ..................................................... :lol:

I often see the other side of the coin where parents think it's OK to send their "Children" over to fuss the dogs without asking for permission to do so or if the dog even likes Kids.

Now mine are both daft even with kids but the chances of him swiping with a paw whilst playing or the tail in the eye is always a chance. My Staffie is old now but taught my friends grandaughter to walk. She used him as a walker :lol: he thought it great fun but that was about 5-7 years ago now. I tend to avoid others with dogs and kids. My larger dog has been attacked five times at least by small terriers........................... for some reason they just don't like him and so he is not happy around small dogs now and the chances of trouble are to much so we avoid them.

Ahhhh the paw................................. just heard a groan from the other room he has just caught the nephew in the privates................................ :lol: Must go give him a biscuit for his aim ;).

Badly trained or untrained dogs are the bain of my life. I blame it all on the owners. My dog will walk to heel, take hand direction and is trained to the whistle.

The last Government changed the law on dogs to read that in an open public place they should always be either on a lead or under close control.

I wish it were so!

If I had a pound for everytime my dog had been bounced, bitten or barked at I would be moderately wealthy.

My twins were bounced by a dog when they were 18 months old, barking like mad at them and the stupid woman who was walking it kept shouting, "they are only playing", over and over.

Nowadays when out with my dog I carry a large stick, and i use it too. If it was not so sad it would have been funny, seeing an 9 stone rottweiller platting its legs after i had given it the benefit of my stick on the flat of its head.

And don't get me started on poo bags :old:

Simon

Yes poo bags

Badly trained or untrained dogs are the bain of my life. I blame it all on the owners. My dog will walk to heel, take hand direction and is trained to the whistle.

The last Government changed the law on dogs to read that in an open public place they should always be either on a lead or under close control.

I wish it were so!

If I had a pound for everytime my dog had been bounced, bitten or barked at I would be moderately wealthy.

My twins were bounced by a dog when they were 18 months old, barking like mad at them and the stupid woman who was walking it kept shouting, "they are only playing", over and over.

Nowadays when out with my dog I carry a large stick, and i use it too. If it was not so sad it would have been funny, seeing an 9 stone rottweiller platting its legs after i had given it the benefit of my stick on the flat of its head.

And don't get me started on poo bags :old:

Simon

Yes as I walked home the amount of full up bags of poo that were dicarded in the bushes or just thrown on the path. Why go to the trouble of picking it up and putting it into a bag to do that?
Its got to be better leaving it for some one to walk in and bring it home in there cars and house carpet? Also it will eventually degrade or make you kids blind as they surcreet it into there eyes.

dogs should be trained to behave well, but not all dogs feel like doing so! dogs are great, and unless they're actually harming others, you should know they're just having a laugh, playing around, and are just being dogs,,,that's why we love them...

Yes as I walked home the amount of full up bags of poo that were dicarded in the bushes or just thrown on the path. Why go to the trouble of picking it up and putting it into a bag to do that?
Its got to be better leaving it for some one to walk in and bring it home in there cars and house carpet? Also it will eventually degrade or make you kids blind as they surcreet it into there eyes.

So, you get out a bag, pick up your dog's cr*p and then throw the bag back on the path, or hang it up on a tree so it will drop on the path when it "degrades". If you train your dog to cr*p off the path, say in a field of wheat, surely that is better than decorating the countryside with brightly coloured bags of dog poo :old: You just had to get me started ;)

Simon

A doberman off the lead set about my lab pup of 6 months when I was training him down the river a few of years ago. I kicked holy f"%K out of it until the owner who was a snotty woman came over to retrieve the thing. My pup had a cut over his eye but the doberman could hardly walk after.

My point is this... what if it was my kid. Dogs of the lead are either under control or potentially dangerous to other pets, wildlife and people. The woman hurried away as soon as she saw my pup was bleeding saying nothing else. If it had been my kid .. well

When i moved back down south they sold alot move dog leads and alot less cat food , every dog owner ive met off footpaths with a loose dog says "oh hes okay he never chases pheasants " ive even had "well, your only going to shoot the pheasants arent you" . I asked one chap how he would feel if i let my dogs crap all over his garden and he said it would be alright because its full of it all ready . One day i found a brummie family having a picnic on the side of a private in the middle of the estate so i explained things quite nicely and was told f off , so i went home put all the dogs in the truck and returned , letting the dogs run the last 100 yards , dogs enjoyed the picnic kids enjoyed feeding them . I did have to pick up all the rubbish mind you

Walking along the beach nice and early one morning with my then heavily pregnant wife and young daughter and just having commented how we were really enjoying it.

Thump.. there goes my daughter flat on her face with a dog on top of her...

I hadnt seen it coming and in that moment of panick do you think i could tell wether it was licking her or biting her face off..

I penalty booted that dog clean over the bars to which the owner comes running up and confronts me..

No apology for my little girl being floored but squares up on me.. Unbelievable...

No need to go into the outcome but that naughty, naughty man looked like Jo Bugner after his medicine...:D

The problem lies in the fact that out side the working dog community, few people know how to, or have the inclination to train a dog.
This is all part of the de-skilling of the population in certain skills.
When I grew up it was my father who taught me about training the new dog. He always referred to the floor as the dog shelf.

How many people now cannot read a road atlas and plan a journey? Sat nav reliant.
DIY, how many people can do any form of DIY to a reasonable standard other than tradesmen?

With all domestic animals people try to humanise them allowing them on the furniture even on the bed, feeding them from the table, allowing them to jump up on themselves and guests. You get a novice family get a dog and expect it to know how to behave in a family environment. When it craps in the house its a bad dog, when it sits there begging for food at the table they moan about its begging before giving it some food without realising their rewarding it for the behavouir they don't want.

I've come to expect little from anyone's dog regardless of what they say.

Back