Thread: X Trail AT tyres

X Trail AT tyres

This follows on for my search for AT tyres to fit the 17 inch rims on my X Trail.

Anyhow I know some others were interested and I've made a useful discovery on the UK X Trail forum - Yokohama make an AT tyre to fit the X Trail 17 inch rims in 215 60 R17 so exactly the same size as the factory fit tyre. The tyres are Yokohama Geolander ATS G012, I think all the letters and numbers matter as there are lots of Geolanders and not all are AT tyres.

The tyres don't look quite as aggressive as the AT2s for example but anything is better than nothing and they seem to get good reviews.

The catch is that I can't, as yet, find anywhere in the UK that stock them in the X Trail size though people like Camskill have them in different sizes so you can get a look at them eg:

So, if anyone knows of somewhere in the UK that has stock of these or has any ideas as to how to get a supply of them then let us know. The first supplier to have them off the shelf stands to make a killing from X Trail owners who don't want to buy 16 inch rims.

Have a word with either National tyres or your Quick fit fitter..........ask they for what you want & let them know the best price you find....they quote to beat anyone in the uk.

Good luck

If you manage to find a supplier, I know four people (myself included) who will buy a set immediately, so it will be worth them ordering in bulk...

have you tryed ?

Tried blackcircles and camskill and a few others but no luck with any of them. Might ring around a bit today and see if I can get any joy.

try this place i got mine from there for my ford ranger 4x4 Accessories & Tyres for pickups, SUV's and Vans

Right, have done some further research and talked to some people and found a very knowledgable chap here:

I probably don't need AT tyres now until end September/October time and the chap at silverline was of the view that there may be a few manufacturers producing suitable tyres which will become available in the next few months.

He suggested that the chances of getting the Geolanders in the UK were pretty slim and it would certainly not be happening in the next few months.

As I am in no rush this would suit me just fine, though clearly it is impossible to be sure what will happen. However, if you are interested then it might be worth giving silverline a call, for one this will encourage them to pay some attention to X Trail sizes if they are getting a significant number of calls on the subject.

Put a set of 17" geolander AT's on wifes Grand Cherokee just before the start of last winter and they behave perfectly in the snow.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

The naming of the Geolanders isn't very clear Chris but these are not the same tyre as the AT ones that it seems a reasonable proportion of stalkers are looking for.