Wanted: Please help! New to Stalking, DSC Level 1, Willing to Pay to Stalk South West region

Hi there

I have DSC level 1 , but dont really have any Stalking experience.

I want to change this! Willing to pay per Stalk in South West Region. At present dont have my FAC as I need places to stalk to obtain this as Im sure your aware.

Occompanied with estate rifle would be good to start with to obtain experience and greater knowledge.

Leading to possible assistance with FAC application with stalking permission would be most grateful.

As a newcomer to the sport getting my foot in the door is proving tricky!

Any advice would also be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Andy K-K

Give Clinton Devon Estates a ring near exeter, their ranger Tom is a top bloke and will beable to sort you out.

Cheers Royal

At present dont have my FAC as I need places to stalk to obtain this as Im sure your aware.

Unless your firearms licensing people are particularly bad this is not true. You can acquire a FAC and rifle up to a reasonable calibre so long as you can prove that you go/intend-to-go stalking (at least a few times a year) all this means is showing booking forms/receipts for stalking. Alternatively join a club which will help with the all important rifle skills to be a good shot!

Where in the South West (Bristol or further afield)?

I'm heading out with Richard from Devon Deer (he's on this forum) in a couple of weeks - he's just west of Exeter.

Stig

Last edited:
Back