This ever Happen to you

6pointer

Some time we get the opertunity to shoot a real nice buck then there are the times we get the chance to shoot a medal (not often). So when that chance dose come some people get on with the job and just take the shot. HOLD ON A MINUTE ALL IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS.
big buck medal class
Thats the boy for the freezer and the wall. :lol:
Iansoldbuck.jpg

But why is he acting strange looking into the bushes must be anouther deer so just shoot him. :lol:
Perideer1.jpg

Whats that Red in the hedge only noticable when viewed through binoculars. Beter wait and see.
perideer2.jpg

Jesus were did he come from must have walked right behind the deer good job we can read the signs.
PS THE MAN IN THE RED JACKET IS A COP DONT THINK HE WOULD HAVE FOUND IT FUNNY HAD I HAVE TAKEN THE BUCK. ;)
perideer3.jpg

Good photo's tho !
Typical policeman, they can never see anything unless it has a number plate on it !!

Ive had similar situations with hill walkers, just shows how its best to have a good look around more than once before taking the shot, great pics to show as an example.

I was stalking hinds on the open hill on the north coast of scotland about 5 miles from the nearest road, I was stalking a group of hinds in the bottom of a corrie, I had been checking the rim and the sides of the corrie on my way in, no sign of deer or people,

After crawling the last 100 yards through rank heather I found myself 100 yards from the closest hind and 250 from the furthest,

After getting comfortable and getting the bipods down I was looking for the old hind that I knew was in the group through the scope on my UNLOADED rifle when the scope when blue I raised my head to find a hill walker 20 yards from the end of my barrel.

I had a 70 degree feild of view where I could see everything, I stopped the hill walker (who still didn't know I was there) and asked where he had been, he had been sleeping 70 yards to my right (i had crawed within 10 ft of him and not seen him) he had then walked right passed me from right to left meaning that I had not seen him coz I was looking through my scope.

The moral is no matter how careful you are you are human and therefor falable so check, check and check again.

It was a shame I didn't have a camara for the look on the walkers face when I stood up:evil:
I got the hind the next day

Andy

Andy

The Shadow there is a mud track that dog walkers have made these pics were taken at around 6 30 am. I am sure the shot would have been ok :lol: But the reaction might not have been. Spoke to the chap later and he just wished me good luck and told me were he often see,s deer .:thumb:

Forget stalking attire.... I'm going to get me one of those red jackets, that buck isn't bothered by him one bit :D

BTW... it looks more like a woman.

It dose in the picture SI but underneath his very bright Jacket he was male. If it was a female i would most likely still be there chatting he up ;)

Only happens to me when I take a leak!

Been up a high seat / sitting in a ditch / snug in some bushes without seeing a soul for hours. "Check, check and check again", whip out the old JT for a long-awaited p1ss and suddenly there appears woman with black lab.

Unbelievable regularity in many different places.

I'm amazed I haven't been reported .........yet. :oops:

Only happens to me when I take a leak!

Been up a high seat / sitting in a ditch / snug in some bushes without seeing a soul for hours. "Check, check and check again", whip out the old JT for a long-awaited p1ss and suddenly there appears woman with black lab.

Unbelievable regularity in many different places.

I'm amazed I haven't been reported .........yet. :oops:

Yup, it IS a bit of a bugger having to wait for so long just to flash your tackle! I recommend "stalking" near built up areas!

Yep
on a regular occurence
quite often the regular walkers often ask you, did you see the deer or fox in question
then on reply ask why you did not shoot it
some times I wonder at the intelligence
I grin and bear it but also am very polite in such situ's

Not been unfortunate enough to have that before but I did have one situation that I still laugh about now and then! One of my permissions where I shoot a lot of rabbits and foxes is miles from anywhere and has a couple of well used footpaths that local dog walkers use fairly regularly - I have got to know most of the dog walkers and chat to the regularly and keep myself in a position so that I can see the footpaths clearly. Whenever I see any of them I immediately unload my rifle until I can see that they are safe and out of sight!
I was out with my .222 (Unmoderated) one evening last summer on the lookout for any foxes when I spotted a couple that I didn't recognise walking along the path about 300 yards _ they obviously didn't know I was there. I unloaded and sat and watched them for a while and all of a sudden when they got to the stone barn where the farmer stores some hay they disappeared. I watched silently for a couple of minutes until my inquisiteveness got the better of me. I quietly made my way down to the side of the barn where could hear some rather strange, ecstatic feminine noises coming from inside the barn. Well that was it, there weren't any foxes about so my devilish side took over! I moved away about 10 yards from the barn and lay down under the far side of the hedge, loaded the .222 and pointed it towards a bank of earth (The opposite direction to the barn) and let a shot go. Now my .222 was particularly noisy, so much so that I think that many of the foxes I took with it would have died of fright even if I had missed them with the shot. I quickly turned so that I could see the barn and I have never seen a young teenage couple come out looking so sheepish, red faced or disheveled. They never did spot where I was and I have sometimes wondered if it might have been kinder to have waited a couple of minutes before letting the shot go!
I can be a rotten, mischievious little bu**ger at times!:rofl:

Back