A weekend In Dumfries

Just back from a weekend stalking with Colin aka The Solway Stalker. As you can see I managed two very nice six pointers. Both were taken with my new .223 at 150 and 240 yards respectively. I used 55grain Remington sps and neither bullet exited. These are the first deer I have taken with this calibre and I am very impressed with it. Interestingly we only saw deer in the morning stalks. The evening stalks proveing fruitless, not even a sighting, posibly being down to the full moon. A big thank you to Colin for the weekend. He is a true gentleman and both my wife Chris and I can highly reccommend him. Good deer in stunning surroundings. Give him a call you will not be disapointed :D. FM.

Attachments

• 101_9781.jpg
    101_9781.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 120
  • 101_9784.jpg
    101_9784.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 101_9789.jpg
    101_9789.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 101_9794.jpg
    101_9794.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 101
Just back from a weekend stalking with Colin aka The Solway Stalker. As you can see I managed two very nice six pointers. Both were taken with my new .223 at 150 and 240 yards respectively. I used 55grain Remington sps and neither bullet exited. These are the first deer I have taken with this calibre and I am very impressed with it. Interestingly we only saw deer in the morning stalks. The evening stalks proveing fruitless, not even a sighting, posibly being down to the full moon. A big thank you to Colin for the weekend. He is a true gentleman and both my wife Chris and I can highly reccommend him. Good deer in stunning surroundings. Give him a call you will not be disapointed :D. FM.

Well Done Steve :thumb: Two more nice bucks for the wall, get many more and you will need a bigger house mate ! :lol: DF

Nice to meet you both, we didnt see a lot but not too bad in the end
tricky one this morning Steve ,well done
Hope you can make it next time jono

Back