Thread: First rifle!

First rifle!

I finally got my hands on my first rifle last weekend.
    I went for a Steyr-Mannlicher Classic Halfstock in .243 with Warne mounts, a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x56 scope and a Wildcat Predator 8 moderator.
    Still not been able to put any rounds through it but patience is a virture apparently!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !cid_DSC00556.jpg   !cid_DSC00555.jpg  
    Best Regards,

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

nice looking rifle wood looks nice and dark i just got my first 243 as well but was on real tight budget so couldnt afford something as nice as your set up hope you enjoy using it and get yourself a nice buck

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Steyr's but, that is a very nice looking set up.

Where did you get it?

Thank you for the comments Gents.

Webby, I was very fortunate on this one. A certain female friend had an offer from her credit card company telling her that any purchase over 250 would be interest free for a year - she made me an offer - I accepted. I just need to pay her back in the next twelve months.

Moses, it came from the Sportsman Gun Centre in Exeter. They're doing a Zeiss combo deal with the Mannlicher, you can see the offer on their website or in this weeks Shooting Times. I got a fantastic deal on the whole set up, gun slip, cleaning bits, 100 rounds and sling. I was going to go through their stock of these to pick the best wood but this one was the first I looked at, the wood is really nice and I'm really pleased.
    Best Regards,

mate has one in 7x64 that is a cracking bit of wood mate i have 2 mannlichers both synthetic would love a nice bit of timber but know i would knacker it lol!
    good hunting

Thank you norma. Apparently this is the upgraded wood version that also comes with a pre threaded muzzle for the mod. I got it for the price of the old version as the guy didn't realise it was in stock.
    Best Regards,