How long should I leave a good sized bucks head underground for?

Mymirrors

My first buck and he had a good set on him! Big antlers as well, I burried him in the compost hemp which is full of worms how long till I should dig him up?

Bacteria will rot the bone. Boil it. Burying is usually in peat to darken the antlers. Boil till meat falls off the bone and wash out throughly,
Jim.

Get the head out of there and boil it and then scrap it you will have a first head that will fall to bits

My first buck and he had a good set on him! Big antlers as well, I burried him in the compost hemp which is full of worms how long till I should dig him up?
just take out,give a clean and skin of face.cut your desired cut,take brains out and as much meat of be fore boiling with some soda crystals,not over done as it will taste tough ,joke,power hose it down for best result,then you can paint it gold ,yellow etc,he he,try paroxside,etc, and keep any worms that u find in the compost for fishing,well done on you first buck,rob

i know a lot of the lads in new/zea burry the heads leaving the antlers sticking out and leave them for 6 months or so they cant be bothered to clean them
its been known for someone to come long and steal the hard earnt trophy tho!!

Back