Thread: Highseat Buck

Highseat Buck

Had an invite to have morning in a high seat on a ground not far from where i live, saw a single doe but that was all .
    Just about to pack up when in the distance i heard a buck barking, so gave it another 20 mins and to my suprise he appeared about 150yds away..
    There was some cover between us ,and only one clear gap where i could take him.
    It was an edge of the seat job for the next 10 mins or so ,i had my fingers crossed in the hope he would present himself for a shot.
    At last he was in the clear but a fair way for me, i would have felt more at ease with my varmint .243 but i had a rock steady aim with the .308
    I squeezed the trigger thought the shot was good, but the buck ran ! luckily for me only 30 yds and dropped.

The entry point was fairly low and forward and had taken the shoulder out on exit , i can't belive he managed to run at all .
    A great morning though and a nice result, DF

Attachment 6192

Nice one DF, always amazes me how they do run sometimes with shoulders gone, hearts mashed etc.

Nice looking buck that by the way.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

well done, a beautiful trophy and good experience to match. would you say 5-10 yrs old maybe (judging from the angle of the coronets?)- I'll be both stalking and shooting from highseat over the next 10 days - hoping for that first clean buck of the season!

Nice buck, shame you couldn't have christened your new tower, I am sure you would have been a lot more comfortable being on the edge of your seat for 10 minutes if you were sat in there? .

Well done.

Last edited by 270Buck; 22-04-2011 at 12:34.

Very solid looking head on that ol fella, well done.

Nice buck there mate, like others have said, its amazing how they can run at all sometimes.

Good shooting all the same and well done, its a grand buck.

A very nice buck!!! well done.

I had a buck last week run 50 yards with the top of his heart and both lungs obliterated!

Lovely looking buck,Well done DF.
    Atb John.