Thread: CRKT knives

CRKT knives

Hi guys,

I see that RVOps has a sale on for CRKT folders - specifically the 14k series of "sport" knives (all named after US mountains).

Prices seem reasonable but, before I splash the cash, does anyone have an opinion on this brand?

Thank you

Had the rep round last year. Pretty little knives with some clever designs but - and I wait to be shot down in flames - I would never use a folder for deer work. Too many crevices to fill up with gunk, grips are never positive enough and there is the ever present (if slight) risk of injury.

Hi Stayangry,
    I've got a little crkt lock-knife, bevel edge on one side, flat ground on the other with a short serrated edge for about 20mm or so of the blade (total edge length 90mm or so).
    Devilish sharp when new, held an edge well for a while but was a beggar to resharpen and I used to resharpen knives for a living so know what I'm at. I actually thought that I would ruin the steel cos I had to grind it so hard. Wrong alloy for a sport knife, or any knife outside of a pathology lab where they cut bones every day.
    Couldn't really recommend them.