Silver from Herefordshire

243varmint

I shot this buck last year during the rut.

Having cleaned the head, I left him to dry out over winter and thought I would weigh it. On weighing it I thought it might be in with a chance of a medal.

So off it was packed with another head I had 2 days before this one. Off to Dorset to be measured by Richard Prior.

After a really nice phone call from Mr Prior, he was pleased to inform me that it had made a silver. To say I was pleased was an understatement.

Stuff508.jpg

Stuff539.jpg

Just waiting for a nice peice of silver birch to dry out to mount him on.

The other head was a couple off a bronze.

Jonathon

Last edited:
Nice head mate and i think mr Prior is the man to do the job. In scotland we have had so many miss measurements i will only use RP;)

Silver

Nice one jon that one will look good on the wall
icon14.png

Out of curiosity what did the other head score after totally drying out as it was also a nice head with the long tines and a bit of character but obviously not as good or in the same leauge as your silver.
ATB
jon

Nice one jon that one will look good on the wall
icon14.png

Out of curiosity what did the other head score after totally drying out as it was also a nice head with the long tines and a bit of character but obviously not as good or in the same leauge as your silver.
ATB
jon
Stuff540.jpg

Stuff501.jpg

Jon
He went 103 if I remember correctly BUT he is a special one to me as he was the first ever buck I had called. So I think he will have a nice peice of silver birch to rest on as well.

Jon

Last edited:
Back