Wanted: Stalking in the NE of England

Jonher

Coming back to the North East of England at the end of June to visit family and would like to squeeze in a stalk or two if possible :D

Anybody offering anything in the North East, or know of anyone?

I would really like somebody who could take me through the gralloch and butchering if successful, as that is one area where my skills are unfortunately lacking and there is very little emphasis placed on it in the Norwegian hunting exams.

I would need to borrow an estate rifle as I'm flying cheap with Ryanair and they don't allow the transport of fireams and I have Norwegian hunting insurance.

Thank you!

Hi Jonher,
Can recommend John Robson of "Yorkshire roe stalking". See the thread "Roe Bucks in the East" on this site for his details. I have been out with him a couple of times and he has put me onto plenty of deer. He is an Acredited Witness for DMQ level 2 so he would be able to show you the correct way to gralloch etc. and has an estate rifle.

Good Luck, Willie
PS I am out with John again on Monday.

stalking in north east

hi jonathon try keith scott at blagdon estate if you pm me i will give you his number about 2 miles from newcastle airport
atb tom

Thank you both for the replies.

Willie I was hoping for something a little closer but if that doesn't happen I'll give John a call, good luck on Monday!

Tom - You have PM!

Last edited:
Johner

Have you tried John Snowden of Greenlee? I think he is up the Tyne valley, out the back of Hexham?

Cheers

Novice

hi,just been and done level 1 with jon snowdon,at greenlee,up at bardon mill in northumberland,top bloke knows his stuff and has around 19,000 acres so should be able to put you on the deer.

Back