Thread: Dorset Roe Pics.

Dorset Roe Pics.

Was out walking in a field in Dorset & came across these 3 little beauties. Am very glad I had my camera with me. They allowed me to walk right across the field within 35 yards of them. They kept looking at me as if to say "Mmmmm I know something isn't quite right here but I don't know what it is" They kept running up to me, licking the air trying to get my scent & then running away again. Whilst I appreciate a bit of bambi on my plate, it was a wonderful experience to see them just doing "deer" things.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bambi1.jpg   P1070621.jpg  

summer coat well through there.
    A week or two further forward then Yorkshire roe.

I was with Michelle when she took these pictures. We were actually shooting bunnies and spotted the buck chomping merrily on a hedge-line. I said to Michelle to stalk into them as they dindt know we were there, Chell managed to get to 35 yards in an open field and I reckon she could have even got a tad closer as the deer were a ease. It was funny to watch them sneaking about trying to fathom out what was happening and at time the older Doe suddenly dashing 6 paces towards Chell and then stopping and licking her nose and scenting the air. Chell go some good vid clips too so I will get her post them on utube.

well done to michell,It is a great thrill to do thing like that.the buck seems to be late cleaning.

Lovely pictures Thanks for posting

Sometimes it is amazing just how close you can approach roe in full view before they spook. I bet if you had swapped the camera for a deer rifle they wouldnt have been so accomodating.

Great Shots ! Well Done

Yet again top notch photographs........well done