Thread: Roe rut

Roe rut

This year the rut here in Suffolk was almost unnoticible, each year I seem to see less activity, F.C. rangers also reported less activity on their beats. I can remember the rut way back, about 10 years, calling bucks two fields away, coming to the call at a run. Of latter years it seems to have become very poor. Anyone had a good rut in their area, no pun intended, also best call for muntjac, any advice, I don't overuse my buttolo but I need to take out some muntjac, I've heard theres better ones than the buttolo

unfortunately deerwarden
    the fc guys are paid a premium to control numbers and instrumentally will probaly cause an influx of roe shot early season with less bucks then a short and less productive rut
    they hav a job you do, and i am afraid it could boil down to our fun or their lively hood

The rut on my ground in suffolk was very evident, it was slightly earlier than last year and seemed shorter than usual, but during the rut there was a lot of activity.

l do not have any FC ground near me but on ground that l pass l did not see any activity at all.