Thread: Importing target bullets.

Importing target bullets.

Have any of you guys ever imported target bullets from the USA. The reason I ask is that Berger bullets are 30 a box over here yet I can get them for 13 a box from the USA. I have asked my FEO and he sees no issues, have any of you guys tried bringing them in???

yes, go to cliffs gunsmithing, delivered to you door at the right price

+1 for cliffs. Very good service
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

another +1 for cliffsgunsmithing

I take that expanding bullets are the same as target bullets, no issues regarding importing !?

expanding seems to work the same and another + for cliff even has filling in the paperwork down to an art without getting you clobbered for import tax. 30 for 200 sierra bullets delivered to your doorstep takes a bit of beating

I ordered 1200 Berger's from Reloading International a few weeks ago. They asked for a letter from confirming an import licence was not required which I checked and then supplied, they then apply for an export licence which is issued in about a week and they are then popped in the post and mailed out.

RI charge 10% for the export licence and paperwork, so add that to the cost, then allow for postage, 20% duty at this end (Unless you are incredibly lucky) and a final GBP8 for the privilage of having them delivered by Parcel Force.

They still worked out cheaper than over here and the main reason I went for them is the bullets I wanted were not available in the UK