roe to sell. how much?

Xim

ive been asked to provide a roe deer to a local pub.

grolached and skinned.

how much does one charge?? i havent a clue.
would be interesting how much prices vary from different areas.

i sell all mine skinned at £1 a pound all year round when i hav any extra to sell
which aint that often
thats fallow , roe or muntjac
this may be a little cheap but i'm happy with it

Hi
My butcher pays £1.20lb skinned and hung.
Like stone its as and when I have enough for me and the estate.

Smithy

Legally you cannot sell it skinned or jointed ;)

I was told that the current price for roe is 1.20 - 1.40 a lb in the skin

300wsm said:
Legally you cannot sell it skinned or jointed ;)

I was told that the current price for roe is 1.20 - 1.40 a lb in the skin

i think WSM means you can't sell it if you don't hav the right paper work
in order ;)
like being registered as an FBO for example
blimey i am to cheap no wonder the butchers happy every time i take him one :lol:

Yes Stone sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

I meant that you cannot 'legally' sell skinned or jointed venison unless you have the relevent IIRC 'H1' processing paperwork.

And yes Stone your soooo cheap! :lol: :lol:

Find it interesting that as a Trained Hunter you can put a carcass into the food chain but if you skin it no longer legal !!!!!!! There must be some logical explanation ?

Lets see EU regs
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. logic.

No sorry Norman I just cannot get the two things in the same sentence.

morena
i am still trying to get my head around this
as a non 'trained hunter' or non DSC1 can sell to an AGHE
aslong as he takes the relevant bits along so they can be inspected
so what is the point of me getting a 'trained hunter certificate' as i can take a shot beast to an AGHE with or with out a ticket, as i am not able to use it for anything further along the food chain
as if a 1 day course for a few quid is going to make me as experienced as the onsite vetinary :confused:
not a chance
may be it is me that is not reading the paper work the right way :mad:

blimey unlike me to hav a rant over things
i think i shall go clear my head
an evening stalking should do it nicely :lol:

EU Regs
As the regulations you are ? quoting from are still in the draft stage (September 2006) and not as yet, to my knowledge, been ratified by the UK are they legal ? If a stalker goes to paragraph 2 on the flow chart all he has to do is supply animal and skin it on their premises.

The Regs are ratified by the UK but the guidance on there implementation is still draft. I know of a number of dealers who still do not ask for any ID proof of Trained Hunter status etc

sorry xim
looks like we can only offer you advice on this
i would now go at a price of £1.50 a pound skinned, from the prices others hav quoted
but feel you ought to enquire to your local council about regerestring as an FBO ( food business operative)
just to cover your own butt
wish you well in what you decide
stone

Went to a farm shop last week ,
bought my cheese n eggs incidental! 8)
Chatted about dealers in venison, !trying to find a good dealer for my excess. He the butcher whipped out a Muntie toploin 6" in lengh :eek: steady there !! Price on label £ 7.98 call it 8 quid!!
As I have my own I declined the offer , clearly there is a huge mark up. If peeps are happy with what dealers pay so be it . Me well I dine well and savour each morsel. But I kinda would like to think that my efforts are worth more than a squid a pound.! ;)
Regards to all .
Trapper

I get mine made up into normal food stuffs if any one wants any all they need to do is pay my petrol and they can have a meat pack.
ONE PIE ,FOUR SMALL STEAKS ,PACK OF 4 BURGERS AND PACK OF 8 LINKS.

Venison Prices

Up here in Scotland we will get no where near your prices.

I put 4 reds into a game dealer in Cowal and wont clear £1 a kilo

(the other 2 are in freezer bags)

185 kilos and I will see a cheque around december if i am lucky.

Anyone know a good game dealer around West Central scotland let me know.

Most have gone out of business due to lack of investment and EU rules and regs. The amount of buearocracy invloved in selling meat into the food chain is mental nowadays.

Just thought I would see what the price is now, I have just joined a syndicate and the deal is all meat shoot is sold and the money goes into the syndicate for high seats, lease etc. as i live a fair distance from the land it will be a pain for me to take anything to a dealer so will buy it myself and introduce friends to the delights of Roe.
Doc

Back