Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rain

rain at last ,hopefully it will last a while ,it is a bit desperate here we need a few days so as to get some cover crops in .
    never thought i would wish it to rain but COME ON YOU BUG*ER RAIN

Great smell on the air now the rain has arrived, doing bunnies last night in the middle of a thunderstorm, still raining now, & this has prompted me to give the wooden stock on my Sako a drink of linseed, in case it rains this Friday/Sat on the Roebucks .
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Aaaargh! The much longed for rain has reached SE Wales and no sooner is it here than we get a blight alert.

(Late blight, that is. Not train loads of Brummies heading towards Aberystwyth)
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Went out this morning and got soaked, can almost hear the grass growing, hate to say it ,but badly needed, hope it does'nt forget to stop......

not enough to colour the roads on the east coast this am and roads are dry again here near York

So thats what it is!!! Wondered what this wet stuff falling from the sky was.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Still getting good downpours here, might even be enough to soften the ground more in favour of the .22LR
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

just been and checked traps and the grass has gone mad overnight found some cubs and had a stinky minky keep the rain coming for now anyway

Rained early this morning around Consett.
    Had a lovely morning at Ponteland near the airport (military range) and then the heavens opened as we finished - absolutely torrential and no use at all on the baked ground as it just ran off. Sun's out again now, which is good as I'm off to Kendal to pick up a new (to me) car.

rain gauge showed about 12mm last night harly made an impression