CWD

blueboar

Its a tad blured, but caught the little bugger....

IMG_7933.jpg

bb

That's a good photo opportunity you have taken advantage of there. I've only ever seen photo's of the little buggers, one of these days I will maybe get around to doing something about that. Thanks for that.

John

i love water deer
such a beatifull deer and such sweet tasting meat
which area blue boar? if you don't mind that is

Im sure I spotted one not far from woben the other morning couldnt stop unfortunatly.Was I seeing things or are the about in that area?

perks
i don't think they escaped from woburn more like they went for a wander and never came back :lol: :lol:
but lots around that area

stone said:
i love water deer
such a beatifull deer and such sweet tasting meat
which area blue boar? if you don't mind that is

It was take on the Suffolk Coast. The 1st buck was seen in 2003 and the 1st doe in 2004 and now we have 10 animals.

Not a dam clue where they came from though...

But according to the BDS there are no CWD in Suffolk :eek:

bb

BB
unfortunately if no one reports them to such organisations then they will never know about them but then buy doing this you will find an influx of stalkers from out of the area , venturing in ,looking for stalking and offering x amount of pounds for it, this is the sad side of stalking in my eyes, but the future by the looks of things :cry:
but there are several areas of the broads that hold water deer , plus they are quite prolific breeders in the right conditions, often having upto for offspring at a time
don't be so keen to expose thier actual area but keep taking the pics as they are so photogenic and beautiful to look at
ATB
stone

stone said:
BB
unfortunately if no one reports them to such organisations then they will never know about them but then buy doing this you will find an influx of stalkers from out of the area , venturing in ,looking for stalking and offering x amount of pounds for it, this is the sad side of stalking in my eyes, but the future by the looks of things :cry:
but there are several areas of the broads that hold water deer , plus they are quite prolific breeders in the right conditions, often having upto for offspring at a time
don't be so keen to expose thier actual area but keep taking the pics as they are so photogenic and beautiful to look at
ATB
stone

I submitted the results in the last deer census, if these animals get too prolific at breeding, then I will end up controlling them.

But for now, it just me trying to take photo's and them skulking away.

bb

bb
good man
here are a few pics just for you
this one is from by the broads (suffolk side)
P1010460.jpg

this one is by woburn
P1010281.jpg

this one is from the kings lynn area
P1010738.jpg

sorry the pics are not to good
ATB
stone

Yay.... counted 12 little critters whilst out lastnight.

Is thier breeding cycle like that of muntjac? (young can breed within the first year of life?)

I dont know much about them.

Nice pictures,

bb

BB and Stone

Many thanks for posting these pictures. I am hoping to go for my first CWD stalk in October so these have definitely whetted the appetite! Thanks also for posting the link to the BDS site - it will help me on my research before I go.

willie_gunn

willie_gunn said:
Thanks also for posting the link to the BDS site - it will help me on my research before I go.

willie_gunn
willie-gunn
look at the wikipedia on chinese water deer , as i can't get the link to work as yet :oops: , it will give you a lot more info
where are you going on the CWD if you don't mind me asking?
i presume you are on bucks?
ATB
stone

stone

Yes, after bucks.

I know it sounds bizarre, but I don't know the details yet. It's all been arranged by a friend of mine. I'll meet him in Scotland in a week or so on our annual stalking & fishing trip. As soon as I know whereabouts we're going I'll send you a pm.

willie_gunn

stone

BTW - thanks for the Wiki link, very good. Let's hope that at some point the CWD follow the muntjac down here to Berks/Bucks/Oxon!

willie_gunn

hav a good time on your trip to scotland and be good to hear all about your CWD trip
untill then
kind regards
stone

Back