dsc level 2

daventus

hi all,can anyone give me some idea about how much it should be.i know registration is £145,but witness quoted £200 a day and thats to come onto shooters land:confused:,which seems a bit steep to me:-|

Has registration gone up? I thought it was £100, sure thats what I paid.
As for the witness it seems to range from free to fuel costs to £200 a day. Depends what route you take and if you have access to your own land.
Some witnesses do it because they want to give something back to deer stalking, others make a living from deer stalking/witness provision.

Daventus,

There are no standard fees or even guidelines. If the witness does it for a living then he will charge you for his time. Others might only require you to reimburse them for reasonable expenses - fuel etc. If you have your own land, they might be happy to do it for the chance of an outing on your land. You should contact a number of different witnesses in your area and find out what reimbursement they want. If you get stuck or can't afford what they are asking, PM me - I am near Carlisle and only ask for fuel if it is a long way to travel.

Bryan

Reg is a lot cheaper than that but depends on the assessment centre you register with. Go with the cheapest centre and when you get the aw list after registering and getting your portfolio make a lot of phone calls and you will find a plenty of guys are very reasonable. Hells bells I'd clean you house and make dinner including the witnessing for £200 :lol:

A lot of us do it for fuel and a decent cuppa if it's on someone else's ground

hi all,can anyone give me some idea about how much it should be.i know registration is £145,but witness quoted £200 a day and thats to come onto shooters land:confused:,which seems a bit steep to me:-|
Registration is £110 with Bds £105 with Basc and cheaper with Barony.I to have been ringing around and some are just jokers, had one quote me £150 + trophy fees on my ground :eek: others have been more than reasonable been coresponding with a good chap off here and looks like im going to Scotland when he is free and can fit me in.

Just finished mine. Had my phone call and book now with internal verifier/ Hopefully document here in a couple of weeks. book, £90 ( three years ago) 2 stalks Gazza free on his ground. AW stalk 6 pointer access fee only and well within reason for his deer AW services free. Total expenditure for L1 and L2 £ 365. Not everyone is on the make. However you have to remember if a persons income is derived from stalking it will cost more.
Jim

cheers for the info,
if i cant get anything closer i will certainly look you up,cumbria not that far away:tiphat:

Back