Looking to buy fired-once brass.

hi kev what calibre you after i have a .243 so i get some cases probably have about 20 empties laying around if that would help i dont reload and usually use federal cases.cheers

Hi, should of posted more info there. I'm a university student taking part in a project and need the brass casing to be as clean as possible. Am especially interested in the rim, and presentation of the primer. The diameter of the rim cannot exceed 1.3cm :)

I take it that you are looking for cases with spent primer in situe, if so these cases will not be "clean". To clean these cases of powder residue requires the primer to be removed so that the cases can be drained of any cleaning fluids, powder and primer residue, keep in mind that these cases will contain lead styfenate from the primer. Lads he's looking for cases of which are 1/2" diameter or less, so not the stubby magnums.

Last edited:
I need them in the hundreds, from what I understood the calibre is the diameter of the bullet? My knowledge of bullets is quite limited, so if you need any more info, feel free to ask :)

Kevin, I can supply a reasonable quantity, certainly several hundred cases, mainly .243 win, once fired. It will not be particularly clean though. Scrap price at the moment is between £2400/tonne and £2700/tonne so i'll say £2.50/kg plus carridge. Let me know if you are interested. JC

I need them as clean as possible for the presentation, sorry. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Maybe a bit more info on your 'project' might not go amiss - not some kind of anti gun/hunting art installation is it? :-|

Maybe a bit more info on your 'project' might not go amiss - not some kind of anti gun/hunting art installation is it? :-|

Lol don't worry I'm not a peace loving hippy, who's fighting against hunting. I'll be happy to post the finished image on the website, think you guys will find it interesting :)

Back