BASC Have your say - SNH Draft Code of Practice

Doesn't anybody have anything to say?

This particular HyS page has been live for sometime yet it remains without comment. Are Scottish stalkers happy with the proposals SNH are putting forward, or might there be another reason why nobody has posted a comment?

Looking now, I've missed it before... :oops:

ps, printing it off because reading 26 pages off a monitor is going to make me bozz eyed

pps, comment made. 'Wild deer are a national resource' The draft has a strong direction for standard within the industry and referenced specifically sika and preventing their spread. What about though a perhaps more uniformed distribution of native species? I'd rather that than the FC for example smashing everything up around mine in Sutherland. If they left some for others to see once in a while that would be nice :-|

Last edited:
Important that we gather feedback from our members as we forumlate our reply - so please comment if you see fit.

Best wishes

David

I missed this too. Will give it a read this afternoon, for what the views of an Englishman are worth! ;)

I wouls like to know what BASC suggest members do about the areas that ask you to reference the Peri - Urban BP Guide that has not be published yet and will not be untill the consultation is finnished. Any help on that section would be great. :doh:
So IWRCH Please dont get upset when it is not filled in because to people reading it it is not finnished yet by a long way. ;)

Appreciate you want to see the bit that affects you the most, but better to comment on what is there than miss the deadline though, surely? It's too easy to moan about the outcome after the opportunity has passed....

Alex

Fair enough... as I've said, I've not read any of it yet! :D

Out of interest, have you been approached for input for the Peri Urban BP guide? I'm just wondering who is writing this material, because if it isn't people with the experience like you then who is? :confused:

Alex

Doesn't anybody have anything to say?

This particular HyS page has been live for sometime yet it remains without comment. Are Scottish stalkers happy with the proposals SNH are putting forward, or might there be another reason why nobody has posted a comment?

Iwrch- Deer Managers, Landowners and other interested parties can respond direct to SNH via their website where the Consultation is posted and the necessary information is available. Not all stalkers (Scottish or otherwise) are with BASC! But your post on this subject is appreciated to spread the news :thumb:

Thanks for your responses. All points noted.

BASC members can, of course, submit their concerns directly to the appropriate department at Marford Mill should they not wish to voice their concerns in public. Whichever means is used, as David points out, the more evidence that the Association has to draw on, the better it can make informed comment to reflect the opinions of its members.

Hardly a 'carefully' chosen subject finnbear, this all came out last week and we put it on our web site the same day, perhapse know of a more important and significant consultation on deer that we should be looking into right now?

This is a very important issue and as much feedback as possible would be very hlepful.

David

I fail to see how any comment can be made on a proposal that is incomplete other than why is it incomplete? I'm not saying that it would or even if it would have relevance but the idea of writing part of a proposal after general opinion has been gathered on an existing part of it (but with the opinion covering all of it, including that yet to be written), seems to be "not quite right". Waste of time

John

they have made there minds up on what is the best way forward,unless you have scientific proof that says other wise then we are wasting our time.:banghead:
no matter how many people say different or what is ethical or not.

Finally got around to reading the draft code, went to comment on the BASC site and the topic was closed 2 days ago! :doh:

For what it's worth I don't see anything in the code I strongly disagree with, however it is very general and there isn't much there *to* disagree with specifically. The management actions are general and they refer heavily to the Best Practice Guides with regards to what you are practically expected to do.

There is a slightly ominous undertone about what could happen if you are deemed not to be following the code in terms of mandatory control measures but nothing specific as to how they would evaluate this, which would be my main concern...

Alex

For what it is worth I did express my views on the have your say page but I obviously did not fit in with company policy as it was never published.

John

Just finnished reading it, seem to be a conglomeration of the existing legislation with emphasis on SNH having "the big stick", from a pro point of view I don't think it's fundamentally flawed, I'm just not sure that it's requied as the existing legislation was adequate, it does alot to clarify the how SNH expect to fulfill their policys regarding deer.

Andy

All comments that were received are kept on our system , published or not - cant find yours though John?

David

Back