What a palava!!!

Si

I had a .22 rimfire moderator which I don't use anymore so I decided to free up a slot on my ticket so I can buy a .243 moderator.
Phoned the firearms office and asked if they could take it off?... "no, you will need to take the moderator to an RFD, and either sell it to them or get them to dispose of it and get a reciept. Then fill in a form 101, send your ticket in along with the completed form and the RFD reciept"
Then wait for ticket to come back before I can buy a new mod, then send in a sale or transfer notification form within 7 days.

Crikey... it's no wonder they are overstretched :doh:

I had a .22 rimfire moderator which I don't use anymore so I decided to free up a slot on my ticket so I can buy a .243 moderator.
Phoned the firearms office and asked if they could take it off?... "no, you will need to take the moderator to an RFD, and either sell it to them or get them to dispose of it and get a reciept. Then fill in a form 101, send your ticket in along with the completed form and the RFD reciept"
Then wait for ticket to come back before I can buy a new mod, then send in a sale or transfer notification form within 7 days.

Crikey... it's no wonder they are overstretched :doh:
You could tell them it's going on to an air rifle and no longer needs to be on your FAC and get a one for one that way.

Wouldn't it be so much easier all round if they just authorised the use of a moderator?... in much the same way as expanding ammunition (sort of like a standard condition)

It is a 1for1 with no charge, but I still need to complete a 101 (minus the referee section)

Wouldn't it be so much easier all round if they just authorised the use of a moderator?... in much the same way as expanding ammunition (sort of like a standard condition)

As long as you don't go over your maximum moderator possession limit!

But you could bet your life that some would still insist that the RFD record them on the FAC - just to prove useage.;)

dont think the air rifle use is an answer.
you still have a FAC listed mod and will need to dispose of it before buying another.

as far as they are concerned it is no different to you wanting to swap the .22lr for a different .22lr. you either need to add one or sell one to get another.

sounds like it would be easier just stumping up the £26 and getting the 243 mod added under variation and while you are at it get all you ammo limits upped, add any calibre you might think of buying in the next five years and any other changes under one variation.

I have just done this as I am buggered if I am going back to them in a year on the off chance I need something else!

That's not a bad idea... only I can't really think of anything else I need.

Ammunition allowance is 100/200 for .223 & .243 and 500/600 for .17hmr I'll never need more than that.

I've got rid of the .22lr mod to the gunshop and filled in the 101, posted it this morning.... not too much hassle but it just seems they are making extra work for themselves by classing sound moderators as firearms.

Back