Thread: cumbrian muntjac

cumbrian muntjac

anybody heard of any in cumbrian area as just been told of one been shot near spadeadam in last few weeks could this be true

I think some have been shot near ulverston, undoubtedly escapees from the local wildlife park I suspect. Not come across other reports

ime from, whitehaven/barrow way, and their was one hit by a car on the bypass at dalton

There have been some on the outskirts of Carlisle for a few years now.

didnt know theirwas any near carlisle im from their and not heard of any are they escapes from somewere. paul k have you had chance of one yourself from this area

Never heard of any up there. The Kielder FC boys will be hoping it was a one off!

one was hit by a car in south cumbria a while ago but I haven't heard of any up near carlisle, and I have stalking friends from that area who have never seen any, but anythings possible.

theres non around me even in dalton animal park and ive not herd off one ran over dwn my way and im less than 5 mins from said park although there was a walloby ran over that may be what people thought was a munty and im in ulverston so im pretty sure non have been shot here but i once may of thought i saw one on a fox drive not to far from here and that was 10 years ago and im definatly sure i herd a sika call last year when the reds were rutting ob one of my permissions but i never saw him so its possible there could be muntys you never know whats about but i hope theres a few knocking about and no one shoots them till we have a viable population just to go with our wild boar and big cats