Fox caller - which one

varmint223

Hi All ,

Just wanting opinions from you very experienced people......what do you recommend as the
best fox caller on the market

Thanks
Tommy

Tricky one that as I use WAM, Fox Call UK & a U Caller plus a couple of home made lolly stick reed ones. The U Caller is great if its windy, with the add-on speaker you can get a good volume & of course you are not limited on call types as you can download sound files for it. The Fox Call UK one is handy as you can vary the tone by biting down but they all have their time & place. I suppose the one I've called in most with is the good old WAM.

Cheers

Chris

The best call by far, is your hand (practise makes perfect). With patience you'll be surprised what you can do. As for manufactured calls, get in touch with Garlands and enquire about their grouse call (trust me), looks like a white cricket bat, very small mouth operated call, leaves your hands 100% free. There are more foxes owe their life to that little piece of plastic than you could imagine!

K & A

Tricky one that as I use WAM, Fox Call UK & a U Caller plus a couple of home made lolly stick reed ones. The U Caller is great if its windy, with the add-on speaker you can get a good volume & of course you are not limited on call types as you can download sound files for it. The Fox Call UK one is handy as you can vary the tone by biting down but they all have their time & place. I suppose the one I've called in most with is the good old WAM.

Cheers

Chris

All of the above, plus I would add a Primos Squirrel rattle - absolutely brilliant for stopping a running fox or enticing a nervous one. For the mating season, you'll have some success with a series of vixen calls - I have a set on an MP3 file that I use through the Ucaller cone speaker.

Adam.

Thanks very much lads for the replies there......the garlands grouse call ...never heard of that one being used but sounds very interesting

The best call by far, is your hand (practise makes perfect). With patience you'll be surprised what you can do. As for manufactured calls, get in touch with Garlands and enquire about their grouse call (trust me), looks like a white cricket bat, very small mouth operated call, leaves your hands 100% free. There are more foxes owe their life to that little piece of plastic than you could imagine!

K & A

+1 on using your hand, also had good success with using the circular disc, or a piece of polystyrene run down the car window. (both simple but very effective)

If remaining analogue, a bit of damp polystyrene on a small mirror or your windscreen. Does a lovely mouse squeak.

Back