Thread: A few hare!

A few hare!

I think the local hare population has me to thank in part for its success!! I have shot a number of foxes in this area, so I am sure it is no coincidence. I was sat out for a muntjac the other day. Unfortunately nothing showed but whilst I was sat there I had no less than 10 hare sat out in the field at one point!!

I had my little point and shoot still camera which has an OK video camera, the hare at the front of me were less than 25 yards away. At the end of the summer I may shoot a couple but I do like seeing them around and the landlord is very tolerant of them.

Just thought it would be good to share this video with you.

Last edited by 270Buck; 12-05-2011 at 10:36.

That's nice to see Ross, do like to see Hares around the place but as you we do take a few later on.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Account Suspended
    midhurst west sussex
    hi just joined and want to say hi and gather alot of interesting info which there is so thanks

Foxes make a big difference to the hare population, whilst not having an enormous affect on the adult population they can decimate the youngsters.

When I'm slowly stalking through woodland they often stalk me, they are inquisitive and its nothing to have 1 or 2 following me within 20 yards, when I stop they stop, when I walk on they hop on. Drives the dog crazy ! Great animals but there are alot of them around these parts.