Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tripod or Bipod Shooting Sticks

Tripod or Bipod Shooting Sticks

Can anyone point me to a good source of either tripod or bipod stalking sticks please?

stoney point tripod with 2 section legs are the way to go - got mine shipped in from optics whorehouse at about 90 all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    stoney point tripod with 2 section legs are the way to go - got mine shipped in from optics whorehouse at about 90 all in.
    Haven't tried the tripod version but I have been using Stoney point bipod sticks for years, definetly the best of the current bunch available. JC

I'm in total agreement with Gary - had the three section legs, but switched to the two section - more stable. And have tried bipod version - much less stable therefore reduces range at which you feel comfortable. And Stoney Point stuff beats any DIY / other things I have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Haven't tried the tripod version but I have been using Stoney point bipod sticks for years, definetly the best of the current bunch available. JC
    +1 The Stoney point sticks definitely get my vote.

What ever you go for check what the weight is like, as the tripods -especially the cheaper ones- can be very heavy in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Hi can you tell me if you need an adapter to on the top of the tripods ?? as the ones I have been looking at have no place to put the rifle
    http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/tp_rp_tall.html
    Last edited by 177landy; 12-05-2011 at 18:49.

Many thanks gentlemen, it looks like Stoney Point is the way to go.

Landy I think the ones you are looking at are the rapid pivot version . You want the Expedition version. Try www.stalkersuk.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 177landy View Post
    Hi can you tell me if you need an adapter to on the top of the tripods ?? as the ones I have been looking at have no place to put the rifle
    http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/tp_rp_tall.html
    No mate, thats a different thing altogether, that type locks into some kind of sprigot on the rifle. The ones I am referring to simply have a 'T' piece on the top which is so much better than the 'X' of the cheaper type sticks. JC

Thanks for the info bwana,but those models have the three section legs, and not the two section as mentioned above,