Roe Doe taken this morning

Lakey

Hi All,

Was out this morning after a cull buck. No Bucks were seen however this doe was found feeding along a hedgerow. I stalked in and managed to take a series of photo's as the deer passed me in the corn field.

Here is one of the series of shots I took

YoungDoe14May11.jpg

lovely pic.. what sort of size lense do you use? not that i know a lot about the subject?

Thanks for the comments. I am not a technical photographer, I just use a Panasonic DMC-FZ18, on iA mode (stands for intelligent Auto) which is "the camera works it all out for you" mode. then I clean up/crop some of the shots using free 'Photoscape' software. The camera is about three/four years old now, and the 18x zoom lens has been replaced by a 24x zoom on the latest models.
Here is an old review and picture of the camera I use. No heavy lenses to lug around, just a fairly compact camera that does it all for you - Perfect:D
(P.S) you can pick this model up for around £100 on the bay - not the £300 mentioned in the following OLD review.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ18_Digital-Camera_review

Last edited:
picture

Another cracking picture there , i really must remember to take my camera when i go out shooting

P.S.

I see it's a lovely bright day.......any chance of sending the sun up here cause it's bloody awful just now

Thanks Brian,

High praise indeed,and much appreciated however I have to say I would love one day to be able to take images as good as yours. I look at your photos and think how the hell did he do that......... Wonderful shots.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

Here is another of the shots I took. By this time the doe had spotted me crouched in the long grass, and wasn't at all happy with me being there. A few seconds after this last shot was taken it was "Exit stage left" for one disgruntled doe and she bolted for the hills.

P1130551.jpg

Back