S&B 3-12x50 scope

bob edwards

Hi guys im about to purchase a new scope due to financial reasons i need to off load my S&B 8x56 1st and fancy it as a p/x into a 3-12x50 S&B non ill has any one got views and are they as good as the Z6i 2-12x50 swaro i used to have
many thanks
bob:-|
and should this have gone in a different area of the forum

I have a 3-12X50 S&B Precision Hunter, IMO the optics are not quite as good as my mates Z6 or my fixed Swavo, but the S&B gives the impression of being unbreakable, I have dropped my rifle off the top of a bunk bed on to the floor and the zero didn’t even change.

ATB

Tahr

Hi Bobby
Don't know about the Swarovski but can back Thar up on the S&B
I have a couple of S&B Zeniths in 3-12 x 50 and love them both. One had me land heavily on it (and the rifle too, of course) when I slipped on ice, the scope survived undamaged - I didn't. The zero hadn't alterd so much as a millimetre when checked on the range.
Both my scopes are flashdots, ie the illum variety, but I use them so rarely in illuminated mode that I often wonder was the FD worth the money, I could probably have done well enough with non-illum.
Hope that helps a bit
Geoshot

thanks lads for your advice its fantastic the advice you get on here
a foot note the guy who i sold my Z6i 2-12x50 to when i was skint now wants to sell it for the same reason he offered it back to me at what i sold it to him for funny how things change in life and i do belive the Z6i is as good as it gets

bobbyboy

If you can contact the guy with the Z6i i may be interested? Obviously depending on what sort of money we are looking at. I have a PV same mag on a rifle and find it really good. Did you have problems with the Z6i?

Cheers

z6i

bobbyboy

If you can contact the guy with the Z6i i may be interested? Obviously depending on what sort of money we are looking at. I have a PV same mag on a rifle and find it really good. Did you have problems with the Z6i?

Cheers
its going back on my gun sorry mate at the time i needed the money

Back